WWE SMACKDOWN vs. RAW 2006

Well while looking at some game news today I stumbled accross some details on the new Smackdown game for PS2 later this yr. They have made a few changes this yr hopefully for the better.

Enter the ring for the fight of your life against top WWE™ Superstars in WWE SmackDown! Vs. Raw 2006.

WWE SmackDown! Vs. Raw 2006 delivers the deepest and most realistic wrestling experience ever. New high-resolution textures and motion-captured technology bring WWE™ programming to life like never before. The improved fighting system will bring a new level of realism and tactical thinking to matches, while the enhanced online mode will create a virtual WWE™ championship on PS2.

Lace up you boots for the definitive wrestling experience that is WWE SmackDown! Vs. Raw 2006.

� AMAZING REALISM - new high-resolution textures and integrated motion-capture technology brings WWE™ programming to life like never before

� IMPROVED FIGHTING SYSTEM - revolutionary momentum system adds increased depth with less complexity, while the all-new stamina system brings a new level of realism and strategy to matches

� ENHANCED ONLINE MODE - challenge players online to gain prestige in a virtual WWE™ Championship

� BEST SEASON MODE EVER - improved cut-scenes and 2 full seasons to play without story repetition

� 100 DIFFERENT MATCH TYPES - Buried-Alive Match, Bar Brawl backstage area, a special surprise for the WWE™ Divas and others

� UNPRECEDENTED ATTENTION TO DETAIL - fully customizable 3D locker room (first time ever in 3D), 3 levels of blood and other "fan favorite" first time additions

� NEW WWE LEGENDS - a new roster of some of your favorite legends of all time

credits go to THQ.co.uk

screens and updates

Interview with developer

I have to say I can't wait, especially since they are gonna put some actually effort into the online mode this yr. And the 2 yr season is something I've been waiting for. Now just waiting for the roster list.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 year season sounds good

I really want something more like a random season generator. where I have more control over alliances and feuds. one thing I hated about hctp is I set a stable right at the begining of the games then was forced into tagging with stonecold.

what I want is to really be able to start a feud dynamicly not just what is set in the story. like attack a chosen character in the back, cost them a match, and talk trash to bait them into a feud.

or have the option to go out and help someone in order to start a friendship. and angle maker would kick butt too.

ahh well I can dream can't I?

[edit]solidus what game is that in your sig? and what system was it for? :(

Edited by garageink

I thnk that was GBA Inky. They also need to work hard on the Create a wrestler, make it more like the one in Def Jam Fight For New York. There is so much they need to fix about that feature it's not even funny.

sol's sig is actually ripped sprites from Fire Pro Wrestling X for SNES. Everything else there is fan made.

As for the CAW mode. Fatal, you are wrong, SD!'s CAW mode has possibly been the 3d incarnation of Fire Pro's. And Fire Pro's CAW mode is so amazing and deep, you can poke a stick and make it go on fire at the same time without the use of anything.

I just "picked it up" heheh yeah I ran to the gamestop at 7am and they just happened to have it :) I'll check it out this afternoon after I wake up from my torpor.

sol's sig is actually ripped sprites from Fire Pro Wrestling X for SNES. Everything else there is fan made.

As for the CAW mode. Fatal, you are wrong, SD!'s CAW mode has possibly been the 3d incarnation of Fire Pro's. And Fire Pro's CAW mode is so amazing and deep, you can poke a stick and make it go on fire at the same time without the use of anything.

No I am not wrong, the create a wreslters look like total crap compared to the regular wrestlers in the game. Have you nto played Def Jam FFNYC? Those created fighters look as if they could have been made for the game. They even talk and have there own pic on the VS screen that comes up before matches on loading times. I also hated how You could not Mirror a striking move or how you can't have a non tie up move as your finisher.