New Halo 2 update bans cheaters

Alpha

These undefeatable foes aren't some new alien species that have invaded the ruckus created by Bungie. They are hackers and modders, gamers who spend time improving their stats with cheats...at the expense of others. As with any high-profile game, cheaters will run rampant in an effort to "pwn n00bs" (defeat newbies, for the non-l337 speakers) and generally frustrate those who play fairly.

Bungie has not taken kindly to these folk.

Over the past several weeks, Bungie has threatened gamers who use illegal hacks that they will be banned from playing Halo 2 online. Though several have already been banned, cheating still remains.

Today, Bungie made its first major step toward making Halo 2 fair to the common man again. The developer released its fourth update to the game, downloadable through Xbox Live, which is focused on detecting modifications, illegal saved games, and various other hacks. The punishment? A permanent ban from Halo 2 online.

The download is required for Xbox Live play, and it fixes other in-game glitches that can be exploited.

Read the full article @ http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/20/ne...ws&subj=6129522

---------------------------------------

I've only played the first Halo once and I still don't get what's so great about the game or the franchise itself. People really need lives if they are looking for ways to "up their stats". Dumbasses... :unsure:

lol gamecop that is lame ,i play halo 2 at home and at a xbox cafe.... its so lame how people have to cheat to get their stats up :unsure: but anyway how would they get cheats ? that would involve hacking of the xbox , and how many people could be botherd to do this

i went and had a look at the site

Banhammer Update

Posted by SketchFactor at 7/21/2005 11:49 AM PDT

As promised, AU4 was released yesterday and includes a slew of anti-modding measures aimed at cleaning up the Halo 2 online landscape. In the past twenty-four hours, approximately 2,550 people have been permanently banned from matchmaking for using hacked or modified content online. Read on for more info as well as answers to a few questions...

lol so many cheaters

Edited by suvo