nintendo DS "the crap cover machine"

suvo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE ONLY GAME that I have played on the GC where the controller was flawed was Capcom vs SNK 2 EO. Even the EO mode didn't help.

How about the SSX games where tricks had to be removed due to a lack of buttons compared to the PS2 and XBox?

Everyone I know that plays games with the joints of their fingers instead of the tips of their fingers always complain about controllers. Especially the GC's. They also like to claims games of cheating and yell at games and throw controllers and go into Infant Mode when they can't be perfect in games but that's a different story.

Look, say whatever and claim whatever you want, but some controllers are superior to others. PERIOD. It's not about whether you can learn to play a game using a given controller... any idiot can do that (i.e. you really are not a gifted gamer... sorry). For example, controllers can be used to play FPS games, correct? But isn't a mouse + keyboard superior? You bet it is. I would tear you a new one in any FPS game using a keyboard and mouse if you were using a controller... it wouldn't matter one bit how "awesome" you think you are. That same is true with the GC versus other controllers. Some are just better for certain games, your point about being able to use the GC controller for just about any game is utterly pointless because that is not the issue.

Edited by Thraxen

Well i only read through about 3 pages but i really have to say...

If nintendo is repetitive (which it is) then so is sony and xbox (which it is)

Mainly nintendo just puts brand name repetitive on its games. At least they normally change the game in a way (I know some dont change but the good ones normally do). Xbox and PS always seem to release the same games in the sense that there gameplay is the same. The difference between games today seems to be the story and the graphics. Now I myself am impartial about graphics I could care less if its good or not. And as for story.. well if i wanted story id just buy a book and not play a game. A good example of this would be Final Fantasy 7. Now i have nothing huge against the game. It had an amazing story and good graphics for the time. But seriously you take that away and you have FF3. Same battle system same gameplay. I dont care if a game hs the same characters as long as the gameplay changes. And although they dont do it as often as would be cool Nintendo seems to do that more then the others.

Also you cant chauck up all the video game revivation to Nintendo you gotta include Sega in there. Everyone says that the revolution must hold up to some high standard for Nintendo to survive. But honestly id love it if they just made a 16 bit game with old music if they just had a new way of interacting. Thats one reason i think the DS will win in the long run of this whole "Hand Held War". The PSP is limited to only being able to play games that could easily be made on the PS only handheld. The DS on the other hand is capable of doing things that normall game consols cannot.

As for the controler... who the heck cares if the D-pad is a little smaller then other consols. I like the controler design it really is comfortable and the colorfullness of the controler shouldnt really matter.

Oh for the record I am a Nintendo fan boy in a way but mainly I just like the games they have made.

How about the SSX games where tricks had to be removed due to a lack of buttons compared to the PS2 and XBox?

THE GAME IS STILL PLAYABLE FOOL!!!!!!!!!! Your point is void.

LOL... but with moves removed.  Yeah, your argument makes a lot of sense.  You have no clue how to debate do you?

Debate whining now? You have no clue how to be Hetero.

Let's all join in Thraxen's crying cuz you can no longer do the Fag Grab 360 into the Anal Penetrator 720 in SSX on GC.

LOL... but with moves removed.  Yeah, your argument makes a lot of sense.  You have no clue how to debate do you?

Debate whining now? You have no clue how to be Hetero.

Let's all join in Thraxen's crying cuz you can no longer do the Fag Grab 360 into the Anal Penetrator 720 in SSX on GC.

I actually laughed at that.

But folks, let's try to keep it as civil as possible. :)

This argument is getting to annoying...I would just not read it but it keeps apearing in the new posts page. I think its been said before but I think everyone should just stop debating at which console (or controler!) is best since we all like different things.

This argument is getting to annoying...I would just not read it but it keeps apearing in the new posts page. I think its been said before but I think everyone should just stop debating at which console (or controler!) is best since we all like different things.

If you don't want to read it then don't read it. Debate is healthy and this board could use some.