nintendo DS "the crap cover machine"

suvo

ok this is some old new but doesnt seem to be posted here it is

The new model of the Game Boy Advance will be shown at Nintendo’s E3 press conference this year in what will be one of the most remarkable moments in recent videogame history.

The unit will be a true gaming machine and will come equipped with a large high-quality back-lit screen and analogue controls, very much, one might argue, like Sony’s PSP.

Nintendo staffers have confirmed to SPOnG.com that preliminary hardware will be shown both at the firm’s conference and encased alongside the Nintendo Revolution on the showfloor.

Indeed, SPOnG has been privvy to the emergence of the next-generation of Game Boy Advance for some time, though little more than it’s E3 debut was known.

As this news breaks, perhaps the most pertinent point to be mulled is exactly how Nintendo is going to explain the situation to fans and, of course, early adopters of the Nintendo DS. The answer to this conundrum is quite possibly the most incredible climb-down the games industry has ever witnessed.

Specifically, Nintendo will unveil a suite of PDA-focussed software for the DS powered by recently licensed Palm OS technology. The machine will evolve from a pure gaming machine into a PDA equipped to play Nintendo 64 quality games. Essentially, Nintendo believes that with the right software, it has a high-powered, wireless-enabled PDA capable of playing games of a higher standard than any competing device.

Picking up the pieces, however, will be something of a PR nightmare, something that Nintendo is fully aware of. The DS, announced so soon after the PSP was unveiled by Sony, was effectively a spoiler machine, aimed at snatching away market share from SCEI. Although this has been categorically denied by the Kyoto giant, the revelation that a new Game Boy, which in essence appears to be a PSP with a Nintendo badge, confirms this belief beyond any doubt.

The new Game Boy will be based around existing Nintendo GameCube hardware and will be, when it launches in the US and Japan towards the end of this year, the most powerful handheld console on the planet. SPOnG also believes it likely that the machine will make use of GameCube software. Revolution connectivity was confirmed.

By way of damage control, Nintendo must now cling to its ever-present third-pillar line regarding the DS. The firm has always claimed that the Dual Screen represents not a furthering of the Game Boy range, but something quite different. It would seem that those well-placed foundations will now be required to carry the hefty bulk of a complete reversal of application for a machine that was launched as a gaming device and will, within months, have its key role significantly altered.

more on this from this link >>> http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=8385

thx gc for edit

Edited by suvo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I dun support Nintendo in the beginning :thumbsup1:

Only those crazy Japs still keep this company floating who keep on relesaing the rehashed version of Zelda and Mario.

lol l.s.d that is so true , soon there gonna run out of idea's

but also mother 3 , its meant to come out on nds but im not sure and for you people that dont know what it is its earthbound 3 :thumbsup1:

but more on topic , i think nintendo is all over the place and confused at the moment.... and also lsd , its a whole new zelda if u didnt know what i meant :blink: on gc

MORE NEW's ON EARTHBOUND 3 (mother 3)

mother 3

Edited by suvo

Not going to be on PS2 or PS3 that's for sure :thumbsup1:

I tipped the hat to them for giving us Mario, Zelda and pokemon but keep on rehashing them is overkill in my opinion. Tell me which hits in NDS that do not have Mario, Wario or Zelda in it.

Just to let you know that never happened. It is true that they did reveal something about the GBA but it's just a new smaller version. And they added wireless functionality to it I think otherwise the rest is the same.

And it's known that they were going release PDA software since that only makes sense.

On a related note, I had a chance to play Meteos and it's really fun.

I'll just share my opinions on Nintendo (hardware deparment).

It's about time Nintendo gets the f__k out of making hardware. Sh!t GBA and DS remakes, garbage Gamecube that looks like a Fisherprice kids toy and has got about 4 good games (that could have come out on PS2 or Xbox if Nintendo only make software like Sega), and now the cr@p Revolution that's only selling point is how small it is. But I still think 3 failed consoles in a row still won't get Nintendo to realise they are no longer the top dogs in hardware. Ever since the SNES's success, Nintendo has been fighting a losing batte and will continue to do so until they become bankrupt.

You don't even know anything about the Revolution and you call it crap?

Really, Nintendo's hardware has been really good, and it's durability is top-notch. The only problem is that third-party developers prefer the PS2 and X-Box, and so those systems tend to get more good games.

If Nintendo manages to get third-party developers on their side again, then they will be at the top again.