nintendo DS "the crap cover machine"

suvo

The PSP will pick up after more games that are not ports from older title are made for it, same with the DS.

Revolution is far from Nintendo's last hope, as Elazul put it. There are too many Nintendo fans to just let their efforts go to waste, and how can someone judge a system when the whole specs/design isn't even out yet? Speculative bullshit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revolution is Nintendo's last hope in the sense that if they don't pick up their game significantly this time, they're going down. But only so far as Sega did, and they're still around.

Overall you have to agree that the Revolution NEEDS to be something special. And a proper GameBoy successor wouldn't be a bad move at this point either. The mentioned portable GC-esque suggestion would certainly fit that bill though.

PSP scene is starting to really pick up now, thanks to the emulators (we play Nintendo games on it :D) and upcoming games like GTA (yes, Rockstar did it again), Guilty Gear (personal favourite), Virtua Tennis and so on. Looking better and better.

I don't hate Nintendo. In fact, I love SNES games and N64 games. I still remember I play Mario Kart to death and Goldeneye too, gunning for the 007 missions. It is just amazing experience. But lately, Nintendo has been rehashing its old titles only. C'mon, how many times you want to play Mario Kart in GBA version, then NDS version and so on? And another Zelda? Another Wario? ANother Pokemon that cannot took on any other colour already since they have used up all the colours to name the game so they go for Diamond now?

But kudos must still be given to Nintendo for coming up with original games like Nintendog. That was a real strange new fresh ones :punk:

The GTA game for PSP will be a major game which will probably cause a lot of PSP sales. DS needs something like that, atleast in the US. They have Nintendogs in Japan and I doubt that will fly with American gamers.

From what I hear, the Kirby game for the DS is AWESOME. I played Meteos and that's really fun. And everyone is rehashing titles. Almost every game that sold well last year was a sequel or a licensed franchise. Nintendo is fortunate enough to have a bunch of 1st party characters that are instantly recognizable in the gaming community. They have instant brand power with those and they are using it, Sony and Microsoft would do the same thing if they had characters like that. Microsoft has Master Chief...that's it and Microsoft uses him and Halo to sell their systems. In fact, because of Halo they actually made a profit during one quarter. Sony has...I don't really know. Ratchet and Clank maybe?

Of course, the Revolution will have to be a revolution or else it will probably not do so well.

The Revolution will f-up if it doesn't live up to its name thanks to all the hype it generated. Roms on a console (which you will have to pay for) is not revolutionary. Not to mention that they will be soft and not hard copies if the HD will be used for this.

PSP and DS are both crap, one is a Playstation with a screen and the other a cheap gimick.

Nintendo themselves have said that nothing on it will eb that revolutionary. They haven't generated any hype, the fans who don't listen did.

The layout only suits games that Nintendo have designed specifically for it. Even if Nintendo had more third party games on the GC, most games would be virtually unplayable on the 1 big button surrounded by kidney shaped smaller buttons. Just try and play popular PS/xbox games on this pad - Tony Hawk games, SNKvsCapcom, Soul Calibur 2 and TimeSplitters2 are all harder to play due to the insane controller. Remember how the button layout is on the arcade version of Soul Calibur? It's the exact same as the PS2 and Xbox version. The horizontal slash wasn't a bigger button and the blocking wasn't done on an analogue trigger. The pad is just awful.

Thank you for reassuring my theory that you're retarded as hell.

I want to be a mod so bad so I can check your IP address and check if you're SNK or not cuz y'all bitch and finger y'alls selves the same way.

Edited by Skythe

Thank you for reassuring my theory that you're retarded as hell.

Why? Because he doesn't like the GC pad? I for one agree. It's garbage. It's like Nintendo makes their controllers different just for the sake of being different. Nothing about the GC controller has any advantage over the more traditional layouts used by other companies.

Or you just can't find a good excuse as to why you suck at playing those games strictly or a specifide version on that system.

Sorry if I found your flaw too soon.

Edited by Skythe

Or you just can't find a good excuse as to why you suck at playing those games strictly or a specifide version on that system.

Your arguments make no sense. Look, if you like the feel or the GC pad, that's fine. But most people will agree that the layout is simply bad for some games. And for the games it does work for it works no better than another pad would. So what is the point?

Why is the d pad so small? Why the funky face button layout that doesn't work as well for some games compared to a tradition layout? Why no buttons under the analog sticks like the XBox and PS2 pads have? Why is the "c-stick" a damned nub... why isn't it just a normal stick like the left analog stick? Why does the Z-button have no counterpart on the other side of the pad? The z-button is also too stiff and in bit of an awkward position with the lip of the r-trigger so close.

It's like they did all that just to be different, and none of it is advantageous. I've got complaints about all the controllers, but, IMO, the Cube controller is easily the worst of the bunch.

And have you seen this?

Link

Nintendo may make the Revolution controller with few buttons and sticks?? The Cube controller already has fewer buttons than the other consoles... which has already led to games like SSX having fewer tricks than the same games on the XBox and PS2. But now they are going to remove even more? And fewer sticks? Are they actually going back down to one analog stick? That would be insane. Kiss FPS games goodbye if that's the case.

Edited by Thraxen

But most people will agree that the layout is simply bad for some games.

Most people = The Bandwagon Cult. PFFT!

You're just whining and crying on repeat.

THE ONLY GAME that I have played on the GC where the controller was flawed was Capcom vs SNK 2 EO. Even the EO mode didn't help.

Everyone I know that plays games with the joints of their fingers instead of the tips of their fingers always complain about controllers. Especially the GC's. They also like to claims games of cheating and yell at games and throw controllers and go into Infant Mode when they can't be perfect in games but that's a different story.

I don't know. I guess I like picking at people's flaws cuz I'm just too damn awesome.

Edited by Skythe