Big Time trouble burning some games.....

Hey guys, I'm having some major trouble here, and maybe you guys can help me out, I hope :banghead:

Recently I downloaded Breath of Fire IV, Resident Evil 2, and Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete, all for the PSOne. When I downloaded the files, I got the following for each :

.CCD

.IMG

.CUE

.SUB

Now, being that their CloneCD files, I burned it with clonecd, using the "game" profile, and checkmarking "dont repair sub-channel data" and burned them all at 4x. I got...nothing. I even tried converting them into various files, like.bin/.cue, or.mdf/.mds files, and burning them with Alcohol, Cdrwin, and Nero. I keep getting junk discs for my PS2. I can play the resulting discs and images using ePSXe on my computer so I know the games are ok at least, but I cant play them on my PS2.

To play backup's on my PS2, I use the Gameshark 2 swap/slide tool method, and have made successfull backups of Legend of Mana, and Suikoden II. For the life of me though, I cant't get these three games to work! I have even been emailing the guy who uploaded Lunar and he says he can play it on his modded PS2, and cant understand why I cant play it. Other people have emailed him though, saying they have the same problem.

Googling BOFIV I can get some results about others having the same problem, but the posts on various forums are outdated, and offer the usual "burn with clonecd or alcohol" and no other posts from the guy who made the topic saying whether or not it worked. Or, they give links to website that dont offer much help. They also mention that BOFIV might need a Anti-Mod patch to play it, and give links that dont offer the correct one, such as Megagames.com, which is very frustrating.

I cant get any info about Resident Evil 2.

So, can anyone here help me out? I've literally wasted about 20 discs now trying to burn BOFIV, RE2, and now Lunar :SSSC. I've tried CloneCD, Alcohol, Nero, and Cdrwin. The only one I havent tired is Fireburner and Discjuggler. I cant afford to lose anymore discs so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Here is my complete setup btw :

NEC_7900A cd burner

TDK CD-R (silver bottom)

PS2 v.4

Gameshark 2 v.2 w/PSOne bonus disc

Slide Card Tool

Thats about it. Again, I've made succesfull burns of Legend of Mana, Suikoden II, IMBNes and SNES_Station for the PS2. So I know how to burn copies of games, its just these three games are giving me some major headaces. Thanks for reading, and I hope someone out there has made a good copy of one os these games.....

Just to tell you It wasn't really necessary to convert the img file at all since the cue file or the ccd file takes care of that. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what's wrong with them. Maybe you should try virtually mounting them and running them on epsxe just to make sure they're in working order.

Just to tell you It wasn't really necessary to convert the img file at all since the cue file or the ccd file takes care of that. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what's wrong with them. Maybe you should try virtually mounting them and running them on epsxe just to make sure they're in working order.

I can play the resulting discs and images using ePSXe on my computer so I know the games are ok at least, but I cant play them on my PS2.

:banghead:

I think Prican might be the best to help you since he does a lot of stuff like this.

Well just to say something of BOFIV. It is listed as a protected game which as you know means you can't play it if you have a modchip in your system. In cases like this, I'm not sure if there's a patch out there that can fix that but what I did was use a boot cd that had an option to Disable these game protections. I don't think I'm allowed to give you a link to them publicly, but search megagames on their boot CDs and you'll find one that can do this.

Thanks for your replies guys!

I've already tried most of the stuff you guys mentioned, such as mounting the image in a virtual drive and trying it thru ePSXe, or mounting it and burning it from there.

As for the BOFIV patch, I searched everywhere for one but cant seem to find one. I also tried using Importplayer or CD Loader to play it, but nothing seems to work. I dont have a mod chip in my system though, I use the Gameshark method.

And the brand of CD-R I use is TDK which most people say is ok, and I've used it to make backup's of Suikoden II, Snes_station, and ImbNES.

I guess some games are just un-burnable?

I use a free burning program called DeepBurner. Basically, the darker the CD-R's reflective surface, the better. I have a whole lot of PSX images, but I only play them via emulation, since I don't have a modded PS2... so I don't have a lot of experience in burning these games.

I use a free burning program called DeepBurner. Basically, the darker the CD-R's reflective surface, the better. I have a whole lot of PSX images, but I only play them via emulation, since I don't have a modded PS2... so I don't have a lot of experience in burning these games.

So your saying that those Black Memorix CD's are the best for burning PSX games?

DeepBurner doesn't do many image types, does it?

Yes. It only does ISOs. Of course, the Pro version might be another story. Nero can burn almost whatever images you throw at it, provided that you have proper CUE files.

@Drake: Not necessarily, but I would bet that those are the best. You see, the darker the surface, and the burning lazer won't reflect back so easily, making a more dependable burn. And when the lazer doesn't reflect much during burn, there's also a smaller chance for errors in the burned data.

Edited by Agozer

A soul who shares my pain.

I think I know what your going through better than anyone. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix this dilemma.

I truely believe it lies in the CD Media and not the burning software, or burning speed.

Unfortunately no one on this forum knows the answer and my topic which is a few spaces below which deals with this issue has yet to get any replies.

Like I said in my other topic, Bushido Blade 2 suffers from this problem but it has been proven to work using a "ProFormance" disc. The reason why that disc works is still unknown but hopefully I will be able to figure out a solution.