Minor Revolution "Details"

Gryph

Ok, in a New York Times article there is a little blurb about the Revolution: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/13/technology/13xbox.html

Go to bugmenot.com for a username and password.

Anyway, here is the little bit of info about the Revolution:

Nintendo, struggling to shed an image that its technologies mostly appeal to children, is preparing to deliver a game console that is radically different from the cute and cuddly GameCube.

Perrin Kaplan, Nintendo's vice president for corporate affairs, said GameCube's successor would be "very, very sleek." She described it as horizontal and no taller than a stack of three DVD cases.

Unlike GameCube, the new system will play DVD's, Ms. Kaplin said, and will feature a wireless controller. It will play GameCube games as well as a new class of high-definition games, with new emphasis on online play.

Portablity and idiot proof. Go Nintendo! May your jerkwahding ways be uplifted with this new console!

Official press release by Nintendo which states exactly what they said in the NYT article:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articl...9&page=newsmain

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 3-inch disks along with its own standard, double-layered DVD disks in the same self-loading media drive.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

They seem to be making a big deal about it's size. Nintendo must have forgotten that it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

Official press release by Nintendo which states exactly what they said in the NYT article:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articl...9&page=newsmain

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 3-inch disks along with its own standard, double-layered DVD disks in the same self-loading media drive.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

They seem to be making a big deal about it's size. Nintendo must have forgotten that it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

Yeah, but what about this projector thingy-majig thats been speculated about? If it's THIS small and it has this built-in projector (How? Really I wonder if it's this small......) that would be cool. You could stick the SOB in your pocket/backpack and bust it out ANYWHERE there was a suitable wall/lighting and GAME ON!

The projection crap is just that; crap. The Rev would cost over a thousand dollars if it wanted 3D projection.

I don't like how just because it's called the Revolution it'll change the very way we play games. Nintendo themselves has said that it won't be all that shocking and different.

They got the best name at least haha. Nintendo Revolution, very powerful name. Playstayion 3, classic and simple. X-box 360....... :P

anyways, if the Rev can stay away but not totally from the kiddy audience, i think they can do some good. go back to the super nintendo days where all the software companies came to ninetendo to make games of ALL genres. i havent bought a nintendo product since the snes. id love to buy a revolution, but i need to have a good reason why :(

not so sure if im so happy with wireless controllers, i hate changing batteries. if it came with a rechargable station for it or somehthin, then no problem haha. i like the backwards play. awesome deal. for those who never got the gamecube (moi), and i kno its only a hundred but wheres the money???

i just hope they got a normal controller this time. i got big hands and those gamecube controllers were not friendly~!