I wanna go to E3

Inky

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of position do you need in the industry to go?

As long as your in industry(You can even be a cardboard box and still get in) with some proper connections, you can get in. Journalists, PR rep for a company, someone on the dev team, someone on the publisher team, someone famous (HA, NONE OF US HERE). It's easier if your a journalist to enter.

As long as your in industry(You can even be a cardboard box and still get in) with some proper connections, you can get in. Journalists, PR rep for a company, someone on the dev team, someone on the publisher team, someone famous (HA, NONE OF US HERE). It's easier if your a journalist to enter.

You make it sound difficult. ;)

You want the fast track? Get a job at your local video game retailer. A job at Gamestop or EB or any of those is all it takes. You have to sign up ahead of time and provide industry ID, like a paystub, and that's it.

And yeah, I was planning on taking a digital camera. Some booths are really anal about them (I got yelled at for taking pics of Spy Hunter and I think it was FF10 the first year I went), but I'll try to get pics of any requests that people have.

The first year, I bought my ticket off of someone who worked at Mad Catz. After that, I went through Sony Online, a job at Game Crazy, and this year it'll be through a friend at High Moon Studios (formerly Sammy US).

Edited by Daeval

Hmm...do you have to be a current employee? Like what if I get a job during the summer (a new EB opened up so I may apply for a job in addition to my research position) and just use a paystub from then for next year?

man if I woulda known that I woulda got a job at gamestop while I was unemployed.

Edited by garageink

You make it sound difficult. ;)

You want the fast track? Get a job at your local video game retailer. A job at Gamestop or EB or any of those is all it takes. You have to sign up ahead of time and provide industry ID, like a paystub, and that's it.

And yeah, I was planning on taking a digital camera. Some booths are really anal about them (I got yelled at for taking pics of Spy Hunter and I think it was FF10 the first year I went), but I'll try to get pics of any requests that people have.

The first year, I bought my ticket off of someone who worked at Mad Catz. After that, I went through Sony Online, a job at Game Crazy, and this year it'll be through a friend at High Moon Studios (formerly Sammy US).

If getting a job at EB or Gamestop is all that it takes then I can't wait till im 18, EB and Gamestop always run out of employess during non summer times down here ;). Crappy part is I don't think I'll even be making anywere near $10 a hour :(

Dont get your hopes up. just working at a game store does NOT guarantee you a spot at e3. It is usually the managers and regionals that get to go. If all it took was a job at some game store, there would be a LOT more kiddies at e3, something they do not want.

You need to be 18 to work at a EB or Gamestop anyways >.>, and I can easly find out if any of the stores are going this year since me and ryu visity most of them twice a month (ryu, my friend, not ryuken)