Microsoft is more of a b**** then I thought

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if it works, kudos to M$ for taking the gamble. I really don't see it hurting the opening sales of the PS3 very much, though. I think if someone has their money set aside for a PS3, at that time, they're going to be more likely to go ahead and buy it, and wait a bit on Halo 3. Of course, that only goes for those fortunate enough to be able to afford both systems. Me, I'm still content with my PSX. :thumbsup1:

It doesn't really matter because Halo blows so hard anyway. I have an even better idea. On the same day, I'm going to release the next Duke Nukem game. It will be on PC and every console. And just for kicks I'll release it for the Gameboy (but not for the PSP cause the PSP will have failed miserably by then).

Here is just one example:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/090/090281p1.html

This has been going on for many years. Companies are always moving launch dates of games and hardware around to compete, or sometimes avoid competition, from other companies' hardware or software. Companies also like to time big announcements to draw attention away from other companies' announcements or hardware/software launches.

I don't think this will really make that big of a deal. People who have the money to buy a PS3 on launch day aren't going to be like "Oh...Halo 3 or PS3?" But it does have the potential to steal thunder (maybe a lot) from Sony.

But I don't think is a bad move by Microsoft since it's pretty much guaranteed that Halo 3 will sell like the flocking bible. What might suck is that MS will put time constraints on Bungie.

Well I don't "know" any of this since I am not a prophet, I'm just expressing opinions (blather). :(

But I think there is plenty of room in the video game market for such a thing. It doesn't matter how long people wait to get either one, it's that they actually get them. Most people that play games and buy consoles don't go out on the first day to get them, only people like us do things like that.

People who are going to get Halo 3 the first day will already have an XBOX 2. But you know what would be a great move by Microsoft, to release a cheaper package of XBOX2 + Halo 3 the day PS3 comes out. That has the possibilty of attracting people away from PS3.

lol this thread is dumb.. u ever heard of market strategy Drake? Why do you think sony pays rockstar a assload of money to hold out on releasing GTA SA to pc and xbox !?!? so that there system will sell duh. MS would be dumb not to release something to make people think twice about getting a ps3. Im personly rooting for xbox 2.. and hell ill buy the next gen nintendo system before i touch a ps3.