[02/12/05] King of Fighters 2002 and 2003 (PS2)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The extras aren't worth it.  I think ill just stick with my neogeo version.

Yeah well, it's pretty much how K` said: the only real reason to buy it is to support SNK Playmore.

And yes, K` resents a lot of things, thus the board troll title.

Yeah well, it's pretty much how K` said: the only real reason to buy it is to support SNK Playmore.

For people who own these games already, you've made your contribution, judge it by the extras.

For people who don't, and who would like to, this is probably your best bet. You get more (and no less) than the DC version, and it's cheaper than the AES.

For people who have stolen it, and are content to continue playing a stolen copy to the detrement of player and developer alike... :rolleyes::)

Edited by Daeval

I like smoked samon fish. It's pretty good fish.

It's the bottom line over here in the East because SNK Playmore practically sucks over here. Compared to Japan, this is just a small niche.

Deav, Remember, I hate anything thats Sony, this game is no execption. Their Sony DVDs in the end to me!

Although, if you look at those pics I posted, I bought SFIII because it's mad fun <3

I tried desperately to like SFIII, and just couldn't bring myself to it. The gameplay was solid, but I've seen better character designs in ten dollar budget titles. The graphics were nice, the art wasn't technically bad, except that I didn't like the way muscle wasn't actually attached to bone in any way, but the character designs.. ugh..

In all fairness, Makoto, Sean, and Ibuki weren't too bad.. I'll even let Alex slide. They were all rather generic, I'll let that slide too. But Q? Oro? A naked guy in a diaper? WTF? Count me out. I'll stick to CVS2, the gameplay is just as good and the characters are much nicer to look at.

Hey Daeval, with the KOF2002 for PS2, is it harder to do QCF standing on the left side of the screen? I remember getting KOF2002 jap version and it really ticked me off that the controls weren't as responsive. I had some difficulty pulling off the QCF in this game where as in say SVC is was a easy.

As for the review, I would partially agree with you. The score I'd give it is a 7.5.

Reason being is that KOF2002 is so damn old, I had it for the dreamcast like millienias ago, and the PS2 version didn't really add anything new in it that would garner another purchase.

But at least this is a much better game than that god awful Capcom Evolution crap.

Edited by NeoMaster

Capcom fanboys: [-------------------------------------------]

SNK fanboys____: [---------] + closet ones

Just a random true statement.

Hey Daeval, with the KOF2002 for PS2, is it harder to do QCF standing on the left side of the screen? I remember getting KOF2002 jap version and it really ticked me off that the controls weren't as responsive. I had some difficulty pulling off the QCF in this game where as in say SVC is was a easy.
I had no problems with controls whatsoever. In fact, in both of these games, I was able to pull of HCB, F+Button moves as easily as QCF moves, where previously I was unable to do them reliably at all (In, say, CVS2).

As for the review, I would partially agree with you. The score I'd give it is a 7.5.

Reason being is that KOF2002 is so damn old, I had it for the dreamcast like millienias ago, and the PS2 version didn't really add anything new in it that would garner another purchase.

Just because it's old, or because you own it, doesn't mean it's any less fun than something else that was released recently. If YOU personally have played it to death, that's fine, but that's not something that should be reflected in a review. I've played Mario Brothers 3 a million and a half times, and probably wouldn't spend much time with it if you put it in front of me now, but that doesn't mean it's any less a good game than it was when I picked it up.

In terms of age, the only real thing to complain about are the graphics and the sound, but neither of those is behind on these titles. The graphics have even been overhauled to look good on a modern system. Finally, the PS2 DID add something new - an entirely new freaking game - KOF2K3.

I wish SNK fanboys would like, come out more. To show it's actually existant. Friking closet ones suck. It's people like Daeval and Axl that are cool (to a lesser extent Axl is more of a unstable fanboy compared to Deaval).

To that I give you props for actually sticking up for the company while deserters like me stare in awe!

Sheit I don't know if I was being sarcastic or not now.

I wish SNK fanboys would like, come out more. To show it's actually existant. Friking closet ones suck. It's people like Daeval and Axl that are cool (to a lesser extent Axl is more of a unstable fanboy compared to Deaval).

To that I give you props for actually sticking up for the company while deserters like me stare in awe!

Sheit I don't know if I was being sarcastic or not now.

I don't mean to sound like a rabid fanboy, although I'm sure that's the case. It's just that, in two or three years, I'd still like for there to be something other than EA games on the shelves. ;)

I'd stand up for any game I thought was decent if I felt people were making non-applicable arguments against it. I totally agree, for example, that the urge to buy this will be less if you already own 2K2 on DC, but to say there is nothing new is just not correct and is misleading. It seems particularly like fanboy-ism here becuase it happens to be SNK I'm supporting, but if someone hadn't already put their quarter down for Dawn of War I'd give you that chance too. :)

Edited by Daeval