Me and GF in big bro, big sis program

PLasticSlug

So yea me and my girlfriend are in the big brother big sister program, and we recently got hooked up with our "lil brother" and thats when hell began.

I hate to be mean and i feel bad just saying it, but being in this program is not fun at all. Its more like babysitting than anything else and on top of that the kid is totally spoiled.

Granted that he does live in the projects and doesnt really have a dad, but on the other hand hes 100% spoiled, has more than one tv and also has a ps1, ps2 and a gamecube!

Again, i hate to say this but we really dont get anything out of it at all, hes good for like 15 min, then everything goes to hell, he acts like a lil gangster, all into cars that bump and $hit, and only listens to rap and wont, do a dam thing we ask of him, starts climbing this and jumping over that, rolls on the floor and over all just acts like a $hit.

We get done hanging out and we are just totally drained, it will be in the middle of the day and we feel like we were beaten with a stick for hours, and at the same time have flocking huge headache!

What should we do? we have already been matched and famlily is cool with us and cant really pull out with out seeming like total dicks...

any suggestions?

Edited by PLasticSlug

find out what he likes and lock him in a room witout it and put stuff that he hates in it, maybe he can give him food during the time he's locked up but that's up to u

Agozer, the Big Brother/Big Sister program is this volunteer organization here where you mentor a kid who is usually underpriviliaged.

You should bring a baseball bat with you the next time you go and if he gives any trouble tell him you love to play baseball with little kids' heads.

But seriously, do you ever meet his mother? Ask her what to do when he gets unruly. You can also schedule a visit with the local prison and tell him that's what's going to happen to him if he continues asking like a gangsta.

Agozer, the Big Brother/Big Sister program is this volunteer organization here where you mentor a kid who is usually underpriviliaged.

Yeah, I figured as much, I just though of asking to clear the fog. The idea is nice, unfortunaly this kind of work is by no means a walk in the park, if you get my drift.

Edited by Agozer

Yeah, I figure as much, I just though of asking to clear the fog. The idea is nice, unfortunaly this kind of work is by no means a walk in the park, if you get my drift.

From what I understand, it depends laregly on the kid. I've had friends who've done it and had good experiences, but it sounds like you guys got the short straw.

Are the parents all gangster too? If so, it might be difficult to approach them about it, but it sounds like you really should talk to them.

Yeah, I figure as much, I just though of asking to clear the fog. The idea is nice, unfortunaly this kind of work is by no means a walk in the park, if you get my drift.

no means a walk in the part is right, I just one of those things in life where you attempt to do a good cause it blows up in your face.... but just going to try to make the best of it...

The thing that bugs me the most, is im not his parent im not going to spend the whole time saying, hey dont climb that, get off of it, dont fall, im just going to let his ass fall off the 6 ft wall, if he wants to climb it maybe hell learn a thing or two... but the thing is i prolly cant do that i believe that the contract we sighned we take full responsibility of the little brother

o flocking well.....

oh and the mom is on her 8th kid or somthing (she like 20) and doesnt live with her, he lives with other family...

Edited by PLasticSlug