jajajjajja...FPS fans are gonna hate this

Weirdy

Meh, it's 3DRs right to protect their IPs.

Furthermore, Duke, as much as I love him, is about the most generic character ever. Short of blatantly copying the art, it would be rather easy to whip up another wisecracking tough guy who kills aliens.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Duke is a shallow caricature of big muscle action heroes with a touch of John Wayne. Hell, there's another musclehead, Sam from Serious Sam. The mod team could have easily made another character like that.

Yes, this game will take it's own sweet time to come out. Now how many companies do you know can work on a game for as long as they want and not have to succumb to publisher pressures? Any game development firm would love to have the same power as 3DRealms. Hell, just yesterday team leader George Broussard said they have no idea when they'll be done in efforts to dispel rumors of DNF showing up at E3. :banghead:

Effort? I think the laziness would be the right word for them.

Let's see, they've gone thru 3 engines, redeveloping, retooling, recreating the content for said engines. I don't think thats laziness there sir.

Effort? I think the laziness would be the right word for them.

Let's see, they've gone thru 3 engines, redeveloping, retooling, recreating the content for said engines. I don't think thats laziness there sir.

Yeah, it's called rabid perfectionism and feature-creep. They scrapped the entire came in late 2002 and started all over again so it's been less than 3 years since that and most games take 3-5 years.