How do I make emulators?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy I don't know crap but I want my own emulator haha...

I'm going to make a Neo Geo emu btw even if it takes me 10 years I'll make the best ng emu out there, then I'm moving on to ng pocket....

Maybe you should do it the other way around by starting with the Neo-Geo Pocket. :evil:

You need excellent knowlege of computer languages (mainly C, C++ and/or Assembly), as much technical documents as possible about the system you are trying to emulate (how the CPU works, memory maps, input handling, BIOS calls, how the system displays something on the screen, how sound is produced, etc. etc.)

Edited by Agozer

Hey, I know basic C++, not to hard, were just learning functions in class, it's pretty cool how you save the math equation so you can do it over in another part of the main body, if you want help, idk crap about this, lol, but sure,I can try my best!

Hey, I know basic C++, not to hard, were just learning functions in class, it's pretty cool how you save the math equation so you can do it over in another part of the main body, if you want help, idk crap about this, lol, but sure,I can try my best!

Save your breath. :rolleyes:

Hey, im trying, that's the most important thing right!

It's good to know the difference between the how you'd want things to be and what actually is. Educating yourself is good but knowing your boundaries takes priority.