kill Eli Vance in HL2 | 56K Warning!

PLasticSlug

I found this little glitch in HL2,

First in the later levels where you get the motion sensor gun turrets keep them with you its a biatch but just carry them around, up and down stairs, its a pain in the ass but they really help you later.....

well when i got to the part where you save Dr Vance i set up the turrets and the flockers shot him out of the pod dead..... and actors freeze and look at you like WTF? any way i thought it was cool, sense you cant really kill any of the good guys

as a result some of the turrets go against you.....

d2_prison_080003.jpg

d2_prison_080004.jpg

d2_prison_080006.jpg

d2_prison_080010.jpg

d2_prison_080011.jpg

d2_prison_080012.jpg

d2_prison_080014.jpg

Edited by PLasticSlug

holy crap that is some major clipping. does that happen because of the glitch or is that normal? for a "be-all end-all" like HL2 I wouldn't expect that at all.

no I have never played HL2

normally its not that bad, but i also sent an iron spike through him a few times, as well as a few gernades that could have pushed him in there more than he would "naturally" i guess fall into.

but other than that its a 50/50 shot on how they react with stairs, somtimes beautifully (actually roll down a few ) and somtimes what you see, but believe me when you really into this game youll pass right by it cause you taken by the rest of the game.

holy crap that is some major clipping. does that happen because of the glitch or is that normal? for a "be-all end-all" like HL2 I wouldn't expect that at all.

no I have never played HL2

I haven't seen clipping like that in HL2 yet and I'm going through it a second time. The sad thing is that clipping will almost never be eradicated.

Weird, I had turrets out at that spot and they didn't turn on him..

no you have to bring the first sets of turrets that you get with you, all the way to that point. not the ones they supply you in that part of the level.

Y'know, I was thinking I did bring the first one in, but now I remember I had to leave it outside the big metal door that alyx shuts just before you get into that room.