Retiring Video Games for Awhile

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go a week or two without playing all the tyme. no big deal. I totally quit cold turkey for like 2 years after highschool.

the saturn is what got me back into gaming. then sega slapped me across the face numerous tymes. just to let me know it didn't really love me.

i dont game for months at a time, the last 2 years i have played very little games and none really float my boat, perhaps it is because of the wait for a ps2 port of the newer kofs and Kingdom hearts. besides most of the time id rather play a musical instrument then play with my ps2. and kawaks is only fun with -Violence-

my new hobby is a INXS tribute band!

i dont game for months at a time, the last 2 years i have played very little games and none really float my boat, perhaps it is because of the wait for a ps2 port of the newer kofs and Kingdom hearts. besides most of the time id rather play a musical instrument then play with my ps2. and kawaks is only fun with -Violence-

my new hobby is a INXS tribute band!

I take it you play the skin flute :) j/k, couldn't resist

I kind of quit when I was 19 and didn't really resume until I was 21. No games then really appealed to me, so I just stuck it out with an old Pentium 2 computer when everyone else were upgrading their machines to play the latest games. I think it is okay to take a break, especially when nothing is appealing to you - it makes you appreciate the games you do enjoy more, when you get around to playing them.

Well quitting isn't an option for me though I know nothing seems to interest you anymore, I've been like that on many occasions, but I force my self to play, bcuz like agozer said there's to much to play/see in so little time, so wasting it would be a sin... My gaming days changed when I got an internet connection last summer that was a little better than a 56k but very expensive 1,20 $ per hour or so but I didn't care started paying less attention to finishing games and started posting alot more on 1emu, as u can see I joined 2 years ago but my post cound sucks, started downloading more for the fun of it... while my bill started rissing it got to 400 $ on one month which is freakin insane then I got a satellite which is more than enough atm, but now I realize that while I was wasting so much time on the net (not on 1emu) I could have played and finished a shitload of games...

Now I started what me and a friend call "The Great Game Hunt" which is basically an insane hunt for every game, good or bad that has appeared in the last 10 years (O_O)

We work with our 3 national game magazines and make a list each month of what new games come up and struggle at any cost to get 'em... but we need to catch up alot... bcuz being in a crap country like mine I didn't have much knoledge of games until 1997 and up and even then I was smalltme....

Anywayz my folks give me alot of crap bcuz they think 2-3 days in front of the pc is fatal for me, and bcuz I don't pay much attention to school, but I don't care I'll just keep playing and watching anime and listening to cool OSTs no matter the collateral damage, I have the utmost respect for James for being true to games even at 30 years and I hope we all get at 70 years of age in a kaillera tornament or something....

I guess what I'm really trying to say is: GAME ON, GANBATE!!!

I stop playing my PS2 since there are no appealing games (yes, even GT4, GTA and MGS did not appeal me at console level).

But I am still the hardcore PC gamer, and even took out those classic games I had and replay (games like Diablo 2, Half Life etc etc).

Never got bored with PC games :evil: