This has been bothering me for the longest time

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tot it was for noobs only? :rolleyes:

And for good Super Mods :naughty:

Anyway I think I have the non prototype of Garou working in NRX.

Erm...is NRX not so resource-taxing compare to Kawaks and Nebula?

No...

@James: How the hell did you manage to get the non-proto work in NRX? Something to do with decrypting the needed roms with proper XORs? I really need to bother you soon.

I got the non proto version for nrx too...it was a special release by HappyASR for nrx...

I think one set is beta, unfinished version...

That would be the prototype (at least I'm not aware of any other versions like that), but it isn't so "unfinished"... Buggy yes, but fixable.

you mean that u play that proto version?

i don't remember well...but when i was searching for the non-proto ver for nrx i read somewhere that the proto is missing some moves or fatalities...in this way i meant unfinished...

Edited by NeoRAGERx

i don't remember well...but when i was searching for the non-proto ver for nrx i read somewhere that the proto is missing some moves or fatalities...in this way i meant unfinished...

The one dump that (so far) works on NeoRAGEx is the prototype. As many times I as I have gone through the game with every character and mastered their moves, not one move is missing. (this includes all Supers, special moves, normal moves, taunts and special taunts).

in the prototype version:

• AI is far easier
    Gato doesnt raise his fist (before the final blow) in his HSDM animation.
    Garbled text in Marco's ending (and in many cutscenes as well)
    Jae Hoon's TOP attack freezes the game if i remember correctly.
    3rd Round Terry's stage - the background skips every 3 frames, i just dont remember if this is triggered by a move or not.
    The 'r family Pal ending in Arcade mode - for pete's sake this should be obvious.

the finished version includes major gameplay tweaks (damage, AI, etc.), obviously, all of the above were improved/fixed.

Edited by Xeon

in the prototype version:

Gato doesnt raise his fist (before the final blow) in his HSDM animation.
    Jae Hoon's TOP attack freezes the game if i remember correctly.
    3rd Round Terry's stage - the background skips every 3 frames, i just dont remember if this is triggered by a move or not.
    The 'r family Pal ending in Arcade mode - for pete's sake this should be obvious.

Jae Hoon's TOP attack is fixable.

You might be right about Terry stage; it happens at random on my rig though or I just don't notice it.

Some of the alternate colors are wrong in the prototype. Fixable.

The small character portraits in Story Mode had some kind of a bug as well. Fixable.

it's true that the prototype lacks the ending in Arcade. I mostly played it Console if I wanted to see endings.

The small character portraits in Story Mode had some kind of a bug as well. Fixable.

yeah, theyre not darkened when theyre supposed to be if im not mistaken. as for Terry's Stage i didnt noticed the skipping either (but then again, NRX never supported linescrolling/raster effects, so the skipping seems normal)

i didnt mind if the endings are only available in AES mode, but the garbled text is just....GYAAAARGH!!! :rolleyes:

ive also read at Romshare that there are patches that tries to perfect the prototype set. it seems to have gone extinct though :o

Edited by Xeon

The one dump that (so far) works on NeoRAGEx is the prototype. As many times I as I have gone through the game with every character and mastered their moves, not one move is missing. (this includes all Supers, special moves, normal moves, taunts and special taunts).

I have to disagree here...maybe u don't belive me when i say that i have the final version of the game working in nrx...but hey i don't blame you...there are lots of liars in the emulation scene...but i am not one of them...besides what would i win if i lie :rolleyes:

I have to disagree here...maybe u don't belive me when i say that i have the final version of the game working in nrx...but hey i don't blame you...there are lots of liars in the emulation scene...but i am not one of them...besides what would i win if i lie :rolleyes:

No no, I believe you. At least a non-proto working in NRX would put the one gamelist entry in EGCG to use. I just haven't been able to locate this version, that's all.