Oh man, check this deal

Mag

yess, unlike other 64 bit processors, AMD ahmmer series were built with an architecture based on an extended set of the 32 bit ones, so they work with both 32 and 6+ bits application, and the best thing is that the potential of these micros haven´t been unleashed yet, when more 64 bits application start appearing this thing will rock

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, looks like I'm buying this rig, the seller will deliever this to my house on car, anywho.. right now I'm very aware of what he is trying to sell, for all I know is, the rig can be damage on the inside, or something isn't right.

can I get some advice on the inspection before buying the rig ?

Google it. Basically it tests out everything before hand, at least, software wise. Do a physical check up with the unit. Opening it up, checking the cards etc etc etc.

Turn it on. Get 3DMark05 and keep running that demo over and over again. That will stress test your PC to the max.

3DMark05 ? tell me more and I like a link if it's ok.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/

You can get the free version. Yeah, but first make sure the computer looks physically OK. The reason I'm suggesting 3DMark05 is that it tests the graphics card too. The true PC torture test is Prime95 which puts your CPU and RAM through hell. Atleast with 3DMark you'll be able to see how well your PC does 3D. Oh yeah, don't be dismayed when you get low scores, EVERYONE gets low scores. That program is made to use graphics that games won't be having for a long time. If you want to, you can get 3DMark03 (there is no 04) and run that. Atleast it'll run faster than 05 and it still looks good.

Doesn't hurt to actually bite it either.

Man where those guys going "WTF" when I chewed on the Celeron.

Turn it on. Get 3DMark05 and keep running that demo over and over again. That will stress test your PC to the max.

3DMark05 ? tell me more and I like a link if it's ok.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/

You can get the free version. Yeah, but first make sure the computer looks physically OK. The reason I'm suggesting 3DMark05 is that it tests the graphics card too. The true PC torture test is Prime95 which puts your CPU and RAM through hell. Atleast with 3DMark you'll be able to see how well your PC does 3D. Oh yeah, don't be dismayed when you get low scores, EVERYONE gets low scores. That program is made to use graphics that games won't be having for a long time. If you want to, you can get 3DMark03 (there is no 04) and run that. Atleast it'll run faster than 05 and it still looks good.

How does the results usually display ? in numbers or in comments or what ? Whats the difference between v5 and v3 ?

They give a numbered score. The higher the better. The difference between 05 is that it uses a lot more advanced graphic techniques and it just looks a helluva lot better. But 03 looks awesome too, the nature scenes are always great.