ATI Radeon X800 XT vs. GeForce 6800 Ultra

Mag

Would you chose ????  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

still, don't we want something longer that can last through the future without having to buy a new one but to upgrade instead, still think of the money you can save.

not really, previous generation cards always have a price drop of at least 50% of their price and the latest drivers often provide a performance improvement of about 50%, the latest cards are for guys with loads of money who always want to have the latest, but the price/performance relationship sucks, just get a decent card now and get a newer decent card after a while, you will spend less money and have a great performance

Besides, it is funny how people tlak about DVI, anisotronic filtering, shading here and textures there, hehehe, you really need to have a trained eye, which a regular guy doesn`t and sometimes oyu will even need to compare pics, the only difference people can tell is from the poligonal models, all the other stuff even being truth is senseless, your poor eyes will never appreciate the difference, like people talking about plsma TVs and Stuff, come on pal, you cannot appreciate the difference, just shut up and stop ashaming yourself

Anisotropic filtering, pixel and vertex shaders, and all that texture stuff is very important. Just play any new game without those and you'll notice a big difference. One thing I do find completely useless is antialiasing. I've never used DVI so I have nothing to say about that.

Anisotropic filtering, pixel and vertex shaders, and all that texture stuff is very important. Just play any new game without those and you'll notice a big difference. One thing I do find completely useless is antialiasing. I've never used DVI so I have nothing to say about that.

I agree with you on the anti-aliasing thing. a few jagged edges have never bothered me, besides, with high enough resolutions, those do not really matter anyway.

My LCD montior can go up ot higher resloutsion, but it really effects the stablity of my comp because it originally isn't suppose to go past 1024x768. At that res though, for almost all the games i play, the only things I turn off are AA and vsync. IMO AA is so useless.

yup. well i was genberalizing and mentioned anisotropic filtering, but really most people can`t dicern between things like and LCD and a CRT monitor and stuff, of course, the shaders are a nice recourse, but back on what i said, really, i mean i you come close enough to the monitor you will notice all the small holes from where the light passes, but being at a normal distance there is no differentce at all, of course, unless the monitor sucks, even TV loks good, of course at a certain distance, the eye is such an imperfect organ it doesn`t matter anyway