want to get Half life 2 sliver pack through steam

Ryuken

like what i said in the title, but i'm not sure if i should get it ,

1. there's something wrong with my power supply and it'll turn itself off for some reason sometimes so download would cut off, i think

2. don't know if my computer would run it smothy

here's my spec.

Ams Athlon Xp 2800+

512mb ram

radeon 9600 256mb

so i'm not sure if i should get it/ get it through steam, or just buy the store version which is safe but missing some stuff from the sliver pack that i don't care

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you have a high-speed (Cable, DSL, etc) connection, I'd say just go with the Silver Pack. You'll get the extra goodies, it's basically the same price, and your DL should resume if it gets cut off.

In case you were wondering, buying it through steam just means it's enabled for your Steam account. You can then DL it as many times as you need to, so it's not like you have to worry about wasting the money if the DL gets messed up.

Sup Ryuken. I have almost the same specs as you except I have a

Gefroce 5600 FX

But I can still play the game fine. You probably need to decrease the video settings a bit. Also, You will probably need to get more ram as I will be doing unless yours is fine. Mine isn't :lol:

Sup Ryuken. I have almost the same specs as you except I have a

Gefroce 5600 FX

But I can still play the game fine. You probably need to decrease the video settings a bit. Also, You will probably need to get more ram as I will be doing unless yours is fine. Mine isn't :o

I'm using a GF4 Ti4600 and 512MB of RAM, and the video settings it auto-loaded (a mix of high and medium) work great. It hiccups once right after loading a new area, but other than that it's basically fine. So, you both should be ok. :lol:

u can download as many times as u want??? that's crazy but great, also can u burn the stuff on a cd and back it up?? and should i buy a 512mb ram for christmas??

well do u have to download the whole thing at once, or can u like pause it and resume later???

That's cool, with 1 gb of RAM you'll be more than set to play the game. The Source engine is VERY scalable so you should be able to play with good quality and speed.

... except if you have constant stuttering problems....