want to get Half life 2 sliver pack through steam

Ryuken

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They're working on a patch for those stuttering problems. There is a preliminary patch they released which fixed some of it. It's something to do with the way Source handles texture swapping.

Yeah, the current method transhes textures that are sent to the video card quite a bit.

what kind of stuttering problems is this?? is it a big deal??? cuz i wanna play my game smoothly

what kind of  stuttering problems is this?? is it a big deal???  cuz i wanna play my game smoothly

I only get it right after I load a game and then it goes away pretty much immediately.

I had it pretty bad when I ffirst started, but nothing a few driver updates and console commands couldn't fix.

what kind of  stuttering problems is this?? is it a big deal???  cuz i wanna play my game smoothly

I only get it right after I load a game and then it goes away pretty much immediately.

o, das all?? that's not a big problem then

i hope to play some of u online and i'm gonna buy it this weekend when i have to to download the whole thing at once, how big is it anyway and is the sever fast??

The stuttering problem supposedly remains only on NVidia cards, and they're working on a fix already. This is the official word anyway.

And 512MB of RAM should be plenty with your configuration. I wouldn't bother with such a costly upgrade before getting the game. But I guess if you've got the cash burning a hole in your pocket, go for it. :P

i hope to play some of u online and i'm gonna buy it this weekend when i have to to download the whole thing at once, how big is it anyway and is the sever fast??

~4 GB 4.5 if you installl Counter-Strike.

wait, is that the file size for download?? or the space needed for the installation??also if the 512 ram isn't really needed then i want to get a dvd burner so is it needed for me to get the ram??

Edited by Ryuken