was ther a half life 2 alpha

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HL was either very nearly complete or actually 100% done when Valve decided to pull the game from printing. However a 'finished' copy leaked out. HL suffers from long load times and some stuttering fps in parts but its fine otherwise. I actually despise HL but that's just me.

Oh and the blue bit I rem was that the DC version includeed the 'BlueShift' expansion/mod pack that later adorned the PC version.

Some people have referred to this HL + BlueShift as Half-life Gold but it's just a name.

That's Half-Life 2 Alpha is the one that was stolen from Valve last year. And I've talked to some people who supposedly have Half-Life: Blue Shift for Dreamcast but I think they're lying. I always thought it was cancelled and then ported over to PC since it was just laying around.

That's Half-Life 2 Alpha is the one that was stolen from Valve last year. And I've talked to some people who supposedly have Half-Life: Blue Shift for Dreamcast but I think they're lying. I always thought it was cancelled and then ported over to PC since it was just laying around.

The Blue Shift for DC was the original, and it was intended as an exclusive for it, but after the DC version collapsed then it was ported to PC. AFAIK every DC version of HL on the net includes the blue shift pack too. It is still a weak game IMO.