Brandnewbie today :) Seriously need help w/ svc

Hey everybodyjava script:emoticon(':D')

smilie!! I have been reading these forums and I think that they are the best, most informative ones I've seen yet. There sure is a lot of garbage out there. I'm excited about this place, everyone seems really cool. So with that said, here is my beef. java script:emoticon(':)')

smilie Whoa!! Put that away!! Kidding.

This is what I get when I try to run SVC Chaos, which took me forever to find btw:

SVCC: svc_p1.rom 6291456 bytes

SVCC: svc_s1.rom 131072 bytes

SVCC: ng-sfix.rom 131072 bytes

SVCC: neo-geo.rom 131072 bytes

SVCC: ng-sm1.rom 131072 bytes

SVCC: svc-m1.rom 131072 bytes

SVCC: ng-lo.rom 65536 bytes

SVCC: svc-v1.rom 4194304 bytes

SVCC: svc-v2.rom 4194304 bytes

SVCC: svc-v3.rom 4194304 bytes

SVCC: svc-v4.rom 4194304 bytes

SVCC: svc-c1.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c2.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c3.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c4.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c5.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c6.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c7.rom 8388608 bytes

SVCC: svc-c8.rom 8388608 bytes

Also I should say that I am as newb to knowledge of emu as one can be. It took me 4 months to figure out how to add a history file so I could read about games in mame. Which btw, excites me because I java script:emoticon(':huh:')

smilie LOVE GAMES!!! Any help would be more help than I have now. Feel free to email me if need be. Thanx in advance.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, JavaScript doesn't do squat in posts.

Secondly, I'm assuming that you use MAME.

Thirdly, It seems that you are missing:

1) The Neo-Geo BIOS files.

2) You are missing the entire SNK Vs. Capcom romset or then the CRCs of the files in your romset do not match to those that MAME expects. Post the CRC values of each file in your romset (if you have the set to begin with).

Edited by Agozer

Sorry about that. I knew that I would need more information than I could provide. I am such a newbie that I don't know what CRCs are or where I could find them. And yes, I am using mame but I also have kawaks 1.50 and I believe that I have the NeoGeo BIOS because I got a zip file called NeoGeo that I was told I would need to run the game. The thing is, I don't know what to do with it. I wish I could be of more help. On a more positive note, I did get KOF2002 running and it is great!!!

Well, open the romset you have in, let's say WinZip. Now, goto Options --> Configuration and check the CRC Column view. Now you'll see the CRC values of each file in the archive. Post those values.

If you're using some other program to handle compressed archives, like WinRAR, the method could be slightly different, but not that hard to figure out.

Thank you for registering here on 1Emulation. :thumbsup:

We hope we can provide you the answers and entertainment you need to not get bored of emulation. ;)

.... Enjoy your stay!

I think I understood what you meant. Here are the CRC numbers:

de99e613

e7203930

675159c3

f8810665

b57b4ea3

465d473b

a69d523a

ba2a7892

37371ca1

56ac5fb9

aaef740c

dss67f10

2a57e4d4

31718cb1

Can Yuo Tell Us Which Crc's Belong To Which Rom?

EDIT: That Rom Is Kinda Strange To Me, I Has Both My SVCC.zip And Svcplus.zip Roms

Edited by 666Ghost

Hmm...you're supposed to have 15 CRCs but you showed 14. The best way to show your ROM set and CRCs is by taking a screenshot of your SVC rom open in Winzip. It will help us diagnose your problem easier. You can do it by pressing Print Scrn and then pasting it in MS Paint and then use it to crop the useless stuff out of the picture. You can upload it at http://imageshack.us

Here is what my SVC rom looks like (you're image should look something like this)

svcplus.png

Edited by GryphonKlaw