Been down lately

Fatal Rose

Anyone who knows me beyond the forums knows that I have been VERY depressed lately. More so than I have ever been in my life. Well my great friend Chris is in critical condition/coma at the moment. I won’t get into to many details on the accident, but I will say that it is beyond a miracle that he made it. I'll tell you guys exactly what happened later. Well the overall common sentiment among everyone (friends and family alike) is that he is not going to make it. Well I never let that thought enter my mind to the point where it took over my overall opinion on the outcome of my friend living or dieing. I just kept telling myself that he is going to make it, so I preyed and preyed like i never did before. I told God I don't know how I could go on in life knowing my friend way before his time and like this. Seeing him in the hospital with his head all opened up and breathing through a respirator was to much for me to endure. Kinda gave me a new outlook on life, I don't want to get into to much detail about me but lets just say I now cherish friends and friendship much more now. I now know to spend as much time with them as I can and to let them know exactly how I feel about anything from now on. Well lately the news is that his vital signs have gone down and his brain activity has dropped drastically. The doctors gave up all hope and told his parents there is no hope left for him and they advised them to take him off life support. The parents decided that they are going to keep him on a few or so days longer just incase things picked up. After I was informed of this the person that was telling me this said after she was done telling me the info said that Chris is not going to make it.

After that was said a doom came over me and I felt like an anvil was kicking back on my chest. I have never felt so week and sad before. My eyes started to water like they did when I went to go see him in the hospital. Well even though things looked incredibly/ unbelievably bleak I still prayed and convinced myself that he was going to be ok. Well I just got some news on him earlier today, news that gave me a joy that I have never felt before, his brain swelling has gone down and his heart rate has gone way up. The doctors said this is a very good sign and that it's a miracle. I am just happy that his parents decided to maintain hope and prayed and now we do have something to hope for. I honestly believe it was the power of prayer that kept him alive. And I am going to keep on praying. This is a very sad time in my life right now; even though there is such good news I still can't help but to be incredibly worried. So here are a couple of pics of my friend Chris:

chris5.jpg

chris8.jpg

So I am askign you all to please put my friend in your prayers, we need all the help we can get. Sorry for typing up so much and thanks for reading.

God bless.

Edited by Fatal Rose

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish him the best as well.

An old roomate of mine had something similar happen. He was in a car crash involving a windy road, a steep cliff, and a large falling tree, and of the three people involved, he got the worst of it by far. Somehow, he managed to beat the doctors' predictions of not surviving, and then not walking normally again, and now he's just about as good as new. He attributes it to God.

Whatever did it for him, I hope the same for Chris.