should Halo go to the PS2 ?

sf2_ryu

(off topic, but does anyone remember the Halo of old? From back when Bungie was a Mac-exclusive publisher, and it was looking like one of the most revolutionary games out there? Shame that the released game was NOTHING like the early versions....)

(off-topic part 2: any Marathon fans here?) :)

/me raises hand

I remember all that Halo could have been but never was. Watching that first MacWorld (or was it E3?) video was spectacular. Then the news came that it was going to be an FPS and then that it would be an XBOX exclusive.

And I am a Marathon fan. One of my friend's had a Mac so that was awesome. :blink:

First picture of Halo ever from 1999:

halo1.jpg

*sniff*

I would say "Ah, the beginnings of a great series..." but it's really more like the beginnings of an overrated and mediocre FPS that isn't much fun...I'd rather play Postal 2, for instance, any day of the week.

I wish there was an early playable build of Halo out there somewhere, I'd be all over it like Elaine on an opportunity to dance...with the little kicks and the thumbs and everything.

I should fire Marathon up again...

There was NEVER anything at all revolutionary about Halo, in the beginning or the final release. But I like your "overrated and mediocre FPS that isn't much fun" sentence. That pretty much sums up how bland Halo is.

(off topic, but does anyone remember the Halo of old? From back when Bungie was a Mac-exclusive publisher, and it was looking like one of the most revolutionary games out there? Shame that the released game was NOTHING like the early versions....)

(off-topic part 2: any Marathon fans here?) :)

/me raises hand

I remember all that Halo could have been but never was. Watching that first MacWorld (or was it E3?) video was spectacular. Then the news came that it was going to be an FPS and then that it would be an XBOX exclusive.

And I am a Marathon fan. One of my friend's had a Mac so that was awesome. :blink:

First picture of Halo ever from 1999:

halo1.jpg

*sniff*

I would say "Ah, the beginnings of a great series..." but it's really more like the beginnings of an overrated and mediocre FPS that isn't much fun...I'd rather play Postal 2, for instance, any day of the week.

I wish there was an early playable build of Halo out there somewhere, I'd be all over it like Elaine on an opportunity to dance...with the little kicks and the thumbs and everything.

I should fire Marathon up again...

There was NEVER anything at all revolutionary about Halo, in the beginning or the final release. But I like your "overrated and mediocre FPS that isn't much fun" sentence. That pretty much sums up how bland Halo is.

Well, revolutionary might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but for 1999, it was looking pretty damn cool. Plus, IIRC, the game seemed to have some real-time strategy elements involved as well (I remember a demo movie where you saw Master Chief directing his comrades to do things).

But regardless, it turned out to be just another FPS. I'm just glad they didn't use the Marathon title on it; it would be blasphemous.

halo doesnt turn me on, the graphics are too boxy

lol are u on crack...? most the alien levels are completey round shapes everywhere. Anyways a ps2 version of halo2 would be utter crap. One of the "big" graphic things with halo 1 and 2 was the bumpmaping. The ps2 dosnt even have the option to bumpmap... meaning the textures would look like crap. Hell master chief uses less polys in halo2 then he did in the orginal but he still looks better since they bumpmap his textures.

so if it was on the ps2... then yeah it would be way boxy... but not on xbox.