[5/17/2005] FFVII

Well, before I begin, I want to state that a review was written by none other then Alexis. If you wish to see the original review of FFVII on 1emulation then click here. Sadly, if I was to go ahead of myself, this review would be endless, so I shall do the best that I can, with the most beloved characters in the game.

Game: Final Fantasy VII

System: PSX,PC

Emulators: Most if not all PS emulaters.

zond3lunarflybyshipmodel35ol.th.jpg

Final Fantasy 7 was a game that was a must play back in the day of PSX. Most of the time when I ask a RPG player which Final Fantasy was there favorite they usually instantly state FFVII. Whether it was the battle system, the way magic worked in the game and how you can customize your character to go along stats of that of a warrior or a mage, or how the story was immediately stuck in your brain. It was surely a classic.

tncloud3fy.th.jpg

Aww, the famous Cloud Strife. A hero that all shall remember as long as Final Fantasy remains alive. If your still wondering, he is the game's main character, cool hair huh? He, is your average Dante, well, at least in the beginning of the game. Stubborn , cocky, and sometimes says to much. He loves to get into fights, and has been best friends with Tifa since there childhood. Thom, there friendship might be ruined, for he met another women, Aerith is her name, and beauty is her game.

aerisart9lx.th.jpg

This bundle of cuteness is Aerith. A mysterious flower seller from the slums. She first meets our main character while he's running away from a reactor he and Avalanche (the terrorist group that is paying him to help them) just blew up. At the time she was selling flowers as cloud is offered a flower for the price of 1 gil (the currency in the FF world). She is considered the white mage for this game since her limit breaker cures your party as restore materia seems to work best equipped to her. Don't think that just because she mainly cure's she wont kick your butt, she has a staff bigger then clouds sword at certain points if not all points in the game.

tifaart7wn.th.jpg

Tifa, Clouds childhood friend, a great fighter (for those FF players that know there classes, a mnk). She made Cloud promise to her right before he joined Soilder (A Shinra military group) to come back and rescue her one day. I can't say if he kept that promise, it'll spoil the story :P. She lives with Barret, a man with a gun for a hand and his daughter in the slums. Maybe she gets a bit jealous through out the game at Aerith, play and you'll find out :P.

tnvincent3ed.th.jpg

Vincent, the dark good character in the game. He isn't needed to beat the game, but it is recommended that you do unlock him for he is extremely power full (again those FF fans that know your jobs, he is like a rng). His story isn't as revealing as other characters, I guess you will have to wait for the upcoming Final Fantasy title that stars Vincent as the main character.

sephart9mk.th.jpg

Well, Sephiroth, the god of all evil, he seriously needs some counseling because he is straight up crazy. Once a proud hero of the Shinra Soilder, disappeared shortly after Cloud went on a mission with him. Nobody has heard of his whereabouts until Cloud decides to take over Shinra to save some of his friends. Were he shows up and kills the president, then all hell brakes loose, and the game really begins.

anuovaffvii2nj.th.jpg

Final Fantasy 7 is a must play, even for today's gaming world. The battle system is hard to discuss because it isn't really ATB or Turn Based. You really can't tell the difference when either option is on. The story is exquisite and unique in it's own way. From a basic terrorist attack against pollutionists, to saving the world from a crazy warrior who's strength has capability's most men only dream off. If your looking for a good 44-100 hours of gameplay, this is the game for you!

Controls: -- 8

Gameplay: -- 10

Graphics: -- 10

Sound: -- 9

Overall Score: -- 9.25

Grade: -- A

I'd like to give thanks to Diso and Magnis since they did help me on some of the spelling. Other then that said, I give this game a thumbs up!!

• 5 weeks later...

i know and say that this game is awsome but there are a lot of people out there who love this game way to much. This one dude in japan his entire house is modeled after the tifa's bar with a working elevator and everything!!!! I dont know........ good review and i agree with agozer i like how you put the emphasis on more than just the characters.

i know and say that this game is awsome but there are a lot of people out there who love this game way to much. This one dude in japan his entire house is modeled after the tifa's bar with a working elevator and everything!!!! I dont know........ good review and i agree with agozer i like how you put the emphasis on more than just the characters.

Dude I think you misread, I did not put much emphasis on the game that much but concentrated on the characters to much....