Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How to convert SPC (SNES Music) into Mp3

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Damalux

Damalux

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 9 posts
Click to view battle stats
1. Get the SNES Plugin for WINAMP (www.winamp.com) and a Wav - Mp3 Converter (i.e MusicMatch Jukebox or other)

2. Go to your favorite emulator/game and save the SPC

3. In Winamp Press Ctrl + P (preferences) and go to Plugins/Ouput. Select Nullsoft Disk Writer (Configure it !!!)

4. Play the SPC song (You shouldn't hear anything and the track is playing too fast)

5. Change the Plugins/Ouput to your default (Or any song that you play will be converted to Wav)

6. Convert the wav file to mp3

7. If you have MUGEN, you really need this to put excelent themes to your battles (I.e : The Street Fighter or Killer Instinct songs)

NOTE : You can add effects to your WAV file, like winamp equalizer or any DSP plugin, the Nullsoft Disk Writer Plugin converts exactly as you hear the song)

I know, there are another ways, but I think that is very great because like I explined above, You can add some effects

Enjoy!!!!

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts
thats a good tutorial. I'll put it into the snes section and sticky it :D

alexis

alexis

Argentina Football Ownz

• Ultra Members
  • 1,735 posts
how about other consoles like sega genesis or neo geo, any help?

amitrius17

amitrius17

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:RPGs, anime, classic gaming
You can also refer to this page for help with converting SPC to WAV, it has screen shots:
http://www.audiotool...om/winamp.shtml

Also, note that the disk writer feature is not exclusive to SPC. It can convert anything WinAmp can play to WAV, including other forms of extracted video game music (NSF, GYM, PSF, HES, etc).

pestilence

pestilence

• Members+
  • 75 posts
Good info.

CaseyTBell

CaseyTBell

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts
Just a note for all us Linux users out there...

This same method works well with the Linux 'equivalent' of the software.

I used XMMS to output WAV files and SoundConverter to encode them to mp3 to play on my mp3 player!

The method is almost identical and works great.

Thanks for the tips.

Casey

p.s. - the OpenSPC plugin for XMMS works great for me on my IBM Thinkpad A22e with Ubuntu Dapper.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
While it's nice that you give tips to Linux users, please do not resurrect dead threads just for this. Look at the dates and make a new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users