Cookies NOT tied to IP address

Can we set the cookies up so they're NOT tied to IP address/IP range?

As soon as I'm on my laptop somewhere else, I have to login again, and the only reason I can see is that my IP address (Or even the entire range) has changed. So VERY annoying, as I'm at home...or over at my GF's, or on the go somewhere else. Then I hop on my desktop at home and if it's changed on the laptop, same thing and I have to login again.

kinda odd. I am constantly logged in no problems on my home PC and work PC.

Does your work use the same ISP, in the same town/county? If so not a problem, at my GFs she has a different ISP and so do some of the places I sit at with my laptop I presume. I have no problems staying logged in for an indefinite period of time if I stay on my connection at home, or just so happen to tap in somewhere with the same ISP.

Maybe caused by hardened cookies (blanking on exact term). If thats it, properizing it should have it cease.

It could explain why also on a single workstation, you can get logged out after some time/have trouble staying logged in (24hours? Assuming thats the issue at hand).

That being a safety measure (and logouts an unintended possibility but normally fixable) and seeing how 1emu was attempted to be breached in the past, it could be wise to keep it and just fix the shortcoming.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

I commonly find myself logged out, and it is very annoying.

At work it will not remember me at all (well it worked for a week then never did again).

This logging-out problem is one of the reasons why I barely post here anymore.

Does your work use the same ISP, in the same town/county? If so not a problem, at my GFs she has a different ISP and so do some of the places I sit at with my laptop I presume. I have no problems staying logged in for an indefinite period of time if I stay on my connection at home, or just so happen to tap in somewhere with the same ISP.

separate towns, different ISPs. I dunno, I guess I just count myself lucky.