Best way to make XBMC my default dash

Emu Newbie

I don't like those AID discs they are mainly antiquated.

AID 4.40 was only released 2 months ago. See here.

For ease of installation, and given that the guy has been having trouble, including moving/renaming files incorrectly, then this all-in-one installer is the easiest/best option for him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used AID v4.4 and was able to get it to work. Interestingly enough, I was only able to get the xbox to read the iso burnt onto a CD-RW, and not a DVD+R, that I tried earlier. Now that I have xbmc in my E drive and running as the primary dashboard, couldn't I go and remove it from the applications folder (to save some hdd space)?

Ben

I've got a question about auto-run. I have a BAED disk, that I no longer use to emulate (i just use it to host the roms - I installed the emulators on my hdd). If the disk is in my console, my console will boot up the disk, instead of xbmc. I've gone into the settings for XBMC and turned off every auto-run feature (dvd, game, etc.), but the disc still auto-runs if it is in the disk drive when I power up the console.

Is there something else I can do to stop the BAED disk from auto-running upon start-up? Thanks

Ben

i believe the primary boot for an xbox is the rom drive, then if no bootable media is found it then defaults to the hdd, i use a modchip and softmods on another machine and if i leave a disk in then thats what boots. There may be ways or options but ive never looked into it. Even easier take the disc out after playing and put it away proper n safe then voila, problem solved !

well you just turn off auto-run game from dvd drive anyway if it dosent work for whatever reason then all you have to do is fire up which emu you are using on your hdd,then once the emu boots up put the baed disc in and voila jobs a goodun.

if you have a disc in your drive and you turn it on and it dosent matter if its chipped or softmodded it will always load up that media because even if autorun game is turned off then it has to load up xbmc first for it

realise not to run the game.in other words the xbox always checks the drive first.

now yopur thinking outside the box, well done. Also if you structure your disk with folders for each emulator you could put all you favourite roms on one disk that would load for multiple different emulators / systems.