GBA Flash Linkers

Daeval

What is a flash cart? ( I did not read posts in this thread yet)

A flash cart let's you copy, or "flash" a rom image onto the cart. Think of it as an empty placeholder for a GBA game untill you put something on it. Then you pop it into your GBA and start playing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these "linker" carts are quite large (1GB!) and come with loaders, which seems to imply that they can hold more than one game?  And it seems like you can swap games on and off the cart using the linker cable?

So...that makes me believe that there's somekind of a built-in GUI in these cart that let's you pick the game of your choice...

I don't know, I'm just airing mybrain here; no shop here sells flashcarts anyway.

Ok Here's What I Know About Flasher Carts And It Might Help You.

*Most Flash Carts Can Hold As Many Games Until It Is Filled Up. And You Just Use.GBA Files.

*Many Others Can Play.mpg/.mpeg Videos, Mp3's And Ebooks.

*And Most DO Have A Gui And To Select A Different Game You Restart Your Gameboy, And Some Have 4/5 Buttons Restarts(Select+Start+A+B, Ect)

*I'm Guessing That Its Illegal In US Cuz I Haven't Seen Any, But Use These Link To Get Yours Shipped To Ya:

http://www.modchipman.com/

http://www.winsunx.com/index.php

Prices Vary From The Good crap And The Bad crap, And It Also Depends On The Site, The 2 Sites I Gave You Are The Ones I've Found With The Lowest Prices.

Really Hope This Helps.

Thanks for the info!  Do you know if you can swap games on and off the cart, or is a game on there for good once it's there?  kaioshade's post seems to imply you can...

It would be stupid not to be able to swap games. To my knowlege, a flashcart contains an EEPROM + needed components that are found in an original GA cart.

think of a flash cart as a flash card, u can put anything on it till the cart is filled up and u can exchange games. also if u have a game u want to save it on ur computer u can use the cable. most carts have some sort of GUi that allows u to pick a game in ur cart and play it. pogoshell is good if u don't have a gui on ur cart and it's a better "OS" for ur cart.

Some of these "linker" carts are quite large (1GB!) and come with loaders, which seems to imply that they can hold more than one game?  And it seems like you can swap games on and off the cart using the linker cable?

Actually, they go up to one giga-BIT. Not that it's not enough...

The most interesting thing with these is that you can play NES/SNES/Game Gear games on them with emus.

[edit: Oh hey, they now make CF pass-through movie players. I was wondering if they'd ever make CF converters, but it looks like you can't actually play anything other than movies with the one they've got.]

Edited by Swithin