System Shock 3 to be announced tomorrow?

Gryph

Tomorrow is going to be a good day because Irrational Games is going to announce something big which deals with System Shock. Here is the article on Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6109881/index.html

These are 2 select quotes that have me extremely anxious and excited about what will be announced.

which would go on to develop a game called System Shock 2--a game we'll take a retrospective look at in anticipation of Irrational's next project, which we'll reveal to you exclusively tomorrow. (Here's a hint: it will likely please fans of System Shock 2.)

But why even look back at System Shock 2 at this point? Because Irrational has been, and it plans to make a related announcement this Friday (tomorrow). The studio has decided that it wishes to further what it started in System Shock 2--to work on games that promote "emergent" gameplay--open-ended exploration that offers many choices and combinations of options to players. You'll see what we mean tomorrow. Be sure to come back then.

Why am I so excited? Because System Shock 1 and 2 are absolutely fantastic games. Especially System Shock 2, it's one of my favorite games of all time. A perfect blend of RPG, FPS, and survival horror elements in a completely futuristic setting.

The rest of the article is basically a concise history to how System Shock 2 got made by Looking Glass Studios.

System Shock 3 huh?.... but I haven't even had the chance to play System Shock 2 yet. :P

Well it's about time you play them. :P

Yeah... I have System Shock, but when System Shock 2 came out, I still had my crappier system... Now that I could finally play the game, my friend's CD is nowhere to be found. BitTorrent it is then I guess.

If you're going to install SS2 now, then I suggest you use this fan made Rebirth mod. It updates the low poly enemy models to high poly ones.

This is a comparison of the original model vs. the new one for the Midwife.

SSR_Maya_1.jpg

There is this other project called SHTUP which is a hi res texture pack but I haven't used it since it was released after I play SS2 last. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?...8855#post908855

Presenting...Bioshock! It's not System Shock 3 but it's close enough, it has the word 'shock' in the name.

BioShock is not a sequel to any of the System Shock games, nor does it have any official relation to those games. But like the previous games, this one will offer a horror-themed gameplay experience in which what you observe, and what happens to you, will be tempered by your own choices. "[At Irrational], we think emergence is the future," says Levine.

This is a tad bit of a disappointment but this game can be thought of as a spiritual sucessor since EA owns the rights to the System Shock name. And if you read that article, the sounds very unique and interesting. It had a lot of biology things in it so it's going to rule. :P

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bioshock...ew_6110044.html

Edited by GryphonKlaw