I just don't get it

I found the categories you placed a lot of games in odd enough but there is a few that really stick out in my mind. For example:

http://www.interactive.humber.ac.uk/websit...stgamesever.jpg

That is a collage of the best games ever in your opinion, I noticed a particular game on your list that really caught my eye, VF 3. There is nothing wrong with having that game on your list, in fact i am glad you have it there, now lets move on to another thing that stood out to me on your site:

http://www.interactive.humber.ac.uk/websit.../BadSequels.jpg

Ok if you are a hardcore SEGA/VF fan than how in the heck in VF4 a bad sequel? I just can't understand how you can give VF3 a higher ranking than VF4. Any true gamer and VF player knows the quality difference between the two. You being a game designer and student of the field should know too.

Your lists you made would not bother me so much if you did not constantly throw your "qualifications" in our face. There other games on your lists and your opinions on games lately, and certain comments you have made that I will get into later but for now onto VF.

There are only a few reasons why I can think of that is why you considered VF 4 a bad sequel, but yet these reason I feel are not significant enough to label the game a bad sequel and such.

1. No Taka Arashi. Ok Sega/ Yu already explained this one; there were time/hardware restraints that prevented SEGA from adding Taka into Vf 4. It's not that they did not want to it's just that they were not able to.

2. No uneven levels. I admit myself that I miss them too but as soon as I started Playing VF 4 and saw how fascinating and deep the game play was I soon forgot/could care less. Sega also stated that they wanted to return to it's roots (VF2 witch really put the series on the map) with the square ring.

3. Can't think of anything else.

Any true fan of the series can easily look past the two reasons that I listed above because they really are not that big of a deal, unless of course you are a Taka nut hugger and he is your idol and you want to be just like him just like the way Ian LA Cream tried hard to be like anime characters (witch I Highly doubt).

So basically you really don't make sense to me. If you have been designing games for over 8 years and go to a university for this profession than you would understand as to why Taka was not included. I really don't think the exclusion of a character (whether he is your favorite or not) is reason enough to not give a game the credit it disserves. For instance SF3 third strike does not have Vega (one if not my fav char of all TYME) but you don't see me down grading it because of that.

I am not calling you a fraud I am just saying that you and your opinion on certain (or gaming in general) confuse and make no sense to me. So please clear all this up for the Fatal One.

PS: It also would not bother me as much if you did not lash out at someone when they disagree with, and act like just because you are working/going to school for this that they are automatically wrong.

PSS: I did not intend to make this topic to start a flame war, just to clear things up and have a simple debate if need be.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the categories you placed a lot of games in odd enough but there is a few that really stick out in my mind. For example:

http://www.interactive.humber.ac.uk/websit...stgamesever.jpg

That is a collage of the best games ever in your opinion, I noticed a particular game on your list that really caught my eye, VF 3. There is nothing wrong with having that game on your list, in fact i am glad you have it there, now lets move on to another thing that stood out to me on your site:

http://www.interactive.humber.ac.uk/websit.../BadSequels.jpg

Ok if you are a hardcore SEGA/VF fan than how in the heck in VF4 a bad sequel? I just can't understand how you can give VF3 a higher ranking than VF4. Any true gamer and VF player knows the quality difference between the two. You being a game designer and student of the field should know too.

Your lists you made would not bother me so much if you did not constantly throw your "qualifications" in our face. There other games on your lists and your opinions on games lately, and certain comments you have made that I will get into later but for now onto VF.

There are only a few reasons why I can think of that is why you considered VF 4 a bad sequel, but yet these reason I feel are not significant enough to label the game a bad sequel and such.

1. No Taka Arashi. Ok Sega/ Yu already explained this one; there were time/hardware restraints that prevented SEGA from adding Taka into Vf 4. It's not that they did not want to it's just that they were not able to.

2. No uneven levels. I admit myself that I miss them too but as soon as I started Playing VF 4 and saw how fascinating and deep the game play was I soon forgot/could care less. Sega also stated that they wanted to return to it's roots (VF2 witch really put the series on the map) with the square ring.

3. Can't think of anything else.

Any true fan of the series can easily look past the two reasons that I listed above because they really are not that big of a deal, unless of course you are a Taka nut hugger and he is your idol and you want to be just like him just like the way Ian LA Cream tried hard to be like anime characters (witch I Highly doubt).

So basically you really don't make sense to me. If you have been designing games for over 8 years and go to a university for this profession than you would understand as to why Taka was not included. I really don't think the exclusion of a character (whether he is your favorite or not) is reason enough to not give a game the credit it disserves. For instance SF3 third strike does not have Vega (one if not my fav char of all TYME) but you don't see me down grading it because of that.

I am not calling you a fraud I am just saying that you and your opinion on certain (or gaming in general) confuse and make no sense to me. So please clear all this up for the Fatal One.

PS: It also would not bother me as much if you did not lash out at someone when they disagree with, and act like just because you are working/going to school for this that they are automatically wrong.

PSS: I did not intend to make this topic to start a flame war, just to clear things up and have a simple debate if need be.

First of all, I don't lash out for no reason. I 'lash out' when I have something to say or to try to correct somebody if they are 'misguided' or if someone is spouting BS without really knowing the facts. And only on a few topics that particularly niggle me, I don't go in that many threads and definitely not just looking for someone to disagree with. In reality, most of the people on this forum only reply to a post to disagree. I hardly ever see anyone posting something that is in agreement with a previous post. It's just the nature of forums. I try to look for instances where I feel somebody has said something worthwhile and try to post back in agreement. ( In the wrestlers poll I made, I admitted I was wrong about not including Tizoc, when previously I had snapped at someone who said Alex should have been in, I said someone had a good idea when they said about putting Andy, Mai and Hokutumaru together as a team in the next KOF, anyway, just some examples) This doesn't happen that often but as I said I don't really see many other people doing it.

I do play the "I'm a designer" card a bit much, but not really in an attempt to boast, only when I'm goaded into doing so - as in the case of K'Dash saying "Do better yourself then, Seriously, do something, all you do is whine about...." etcetera etcetera. Also, people aren't automatically wrong because I go to University studying games design. I have a place on this course because I already have a vast knowledge of games and design. Going to University is a consequence of that, not the other way around.

Anyway on the VF thing, your thinking, about why I believe 3 to be far superior to even Evolution, is wrong. I'll come back with my thoughts on this when I can be bothered to type it. As is the tradition with me, it'll be another long one I'm afraid.... :(

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

offtopic indeed.  It's from the upcoming release Shenmue Online...and apparently enough, it's only for release in CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!

And Korea and Japan.