SF Aniversary Collection for Xbox

Prican25

Well a unsigned gold PAL version has been released and i gotten my hands on it to see how well it plays both games and i gotta say i haven't seen sf3 look so damn good since i played it on the arcade :afro:

first game i tested was sf3 and the one thing i wanted to see was how it looked without the filter on and i was surprised to see that it wasn't badly pixelated as it was on ps2's with the filter off but was damn near perfect but then putting on the the filter made the game look even smoother :D

this version of sfac has all the same options as ps2's did with the added bonus of live for online play but of course you need to buy the game to enjoy online play + live fees unless you already pay for it :wink:

control works great as it did on ps2's and the default settings are setup nicely for those of us that have the big original xbox controller (duke).

one thing i did notice like ps2's was the music that normally changes per round still changes when you either hit or get hit when beginning a new round.

as for hyper sf2, its basically super sf2 turbo with the option to have other version of characters from older sf2's. game plays great as playing super sf2 turbo on your favorite emulator or arcade for that matter :P

last thing to mention, the sf2 anime movie (censored) is included in hyper sf2's gallery but the quality reminds me of the bootleg vhs of the movie a friend of mine bought a few years back from a flea market (yeah that bad).

so i basically say this, if you want the best console version of these 2 games, xbox by far has it along with the live option which adds replay value since there isn't many fighting games online for xbox. :afro:

Chun-Li's ass isn't shown in the shower scene.

SKythe is indeed correct.

I dunno. Graphics aside, IMO the xbox joypad just doesn't work well for fighting games. i know it has 6 face buttons but the black and white hp/hk buttons give you blisters because of the poor 'egg' shape. the control pad is also a bad reach for the thumb. If you reconfigure the pad, u have the soame problem as the dreamcast - cramped fingers from the shoulders.

The Xbox does have better graphics and online play but i bet the quality of that play, due to the control issues, won't be nearly up to arcade par. i'll be sticking with HSF: AE on my PS2.

Chun-Li's ass isn't shown in the shower scene.

Nor is her chest. DAMNIT. Damn you Cero and ESRB!

Anyways, compared to the arcade version, the only thing that is needed for *perfect* arcade conversion is the original resoultion for the sprites and Urien's gay Aegis Refelctor crap.

the only thing that is needed for *perfect* arcade conversion is the original resoultion for the sprites and Urien's gay Aegis Refelctor crap.

u mean some sort of fancy transparency? :) looks fine on my ps2, and anyhoo, Urien kinda suxxors. (Why is he in CFJ? the idiocy)... I play Q if u must know, with the Deadly Double (SA II). he 0wns.