XBL and Backups

Orochi

My friend spoke to a guy that said there is a new way to burn games that play online. He said that the game would self boot and that U would not need a modchip(like Dreamcast), therefore U could play on LIVE. Now before I get flamed I would like to say that this sounds like BS to me, but I haven't keeping up with the scene's news in a while and I need everyone to give imput to this post. If it is true then it sould be shared with the masses. If not then I want to hear what U think about this tall tale.

Flame On! ;)

Oh Yeah the guy that said it can be done is some guy on Xlink that is

notorious for cheating!

there was a video floating around about an exploit where you could somehow burn an entire game to a CD-R and play it without a modchip, but they never realeased how to do it because i guess MS met their demands...

It was called the 4th of july exploit or something like that and was released in a few message boards (i searched so much for it, i got a "You have now seen every site on the internet" error...my god its impossible to find...)

there use to be a way to do it way back when exploits were first found. It was rather simple really. You put a exploit in ur xbox such as the 007 exploit but u changed the evox ini to load a file from E. Then you could put a game on E that would fit through ftp. So from there u just had to run 007 go to the exploit to start evox then start the game from E drive ( i think it needed to be patched i cant remeber) anyways from there u could connect to live. We use to do it in Return to Castle wolfeinstien and there was all sorts of weird hacks u could do. Anyways... im not sure if it still works since i stopped doing it a long time ago. I know of people still cheating like on games such as Project Gothem racing 2 there is some people who can edit there car dynamics... which only seems possible through backup copy but most likely they are just doing what we did above. other then that yeah your friends probably full of crap... also

here was a video floating around about an exploit where you could somehow burn an entire game to a CD-R and play it without a modchip
... not many games can fit on a cdr anyways :P

But... anyways buy xbox live games :) they are good :P

I don't know much about exploits. I use chips and the only exploit I know how to do is the audio exploit. M$ fixed the dash with the new XBL and the audio exploit won't work with it. So you can't have the new dash with that exploit. So using backups with this exploit on XBL won't work. Does any of the other exploits work with the new M$ dash? If they do then can this dude be telling the truth?!? :P