Live Action...

Wizard

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, you guys are serious fanboys.

I love Akira as much as any of us here, but when we hear that they are doing somthing we don't want, we immideatly give it an F. Sure, history has proven that most movies based off of anime suck, but we never know when the revolution will happen.

You guys never let change happen. Rate it when it comes out. For now, reserve judgement.

Anon.

EDIT: Pitof is actually a pretty good stylistic director. Vidocq is really visually pleasing. Hopefully the screenplay writer and the writer will be as good as Pitof.

Edited by AntiWinner22

I love Akira as much as any of us here, but when we hear that they are doing somthing we don't want, we immideatly give it an F. Sure, history has proven that most movies based off of anime suck, but we never know when the revolution will happen.

You guys never let change happen. Rate it when it comes out. For now, reserve judgement.

Anon.

EDIT: Pitof is actually a pretty good stylistic director. Vidocq is really visually pleasing. Hopefully the screenplay writer and the writer will be as good as Pitof.

what do you mean "you guys" I never really liked Akira. It was a big snoar to me

Winner...stuff it :)

Anyways, the guy's history which isn't that big, sucks. And now, i'm agreeing with Skythe (OMG!). If the companies have quality control over the end product, it can be a good movie. Ginax is working with those guys who made LOTR. So the NGE movie could r0x0r us.

I liked it, but it was far too long. I think Ghost in the Shell did everything Akira did, but in 1.5 hours.

I'm willing to give the live Akira movie a go, but I bet it will suck.

And live Neon Genesis Evangelion is blasphemy!!!

Anon.

You have to be a fanboy to complain about stuff? I think not. Certain things just aren't supposed to mix like this. I would love to see them recreate even a few key scenes of Akira in live action. I'll pass my final judgement when it comes out but I'm not too thrilled about this.

Anon.

You have to be a fanboy to complain about stuff? I think not. Certain things just aren't supposed to mix like this. I would love to see them recreate even a few key scenes of Akira in live action. I'll pass my final judgement when it comes out but I'm not too thrilled about this.

This is a better attitude than "Gee, I loved Akira! Any change to the name is worthless! I only like the original Akira!1!111"

Gryph, but can you see where I got the impression that you guys gave no chance to a live action movie? I quote, "I remember hearing rumors about this...this is a travesty." See?

Being a fanboy and not liking something are two different things. Reserving judgement is that difference.

Anon.

It is a travesty. I won't back off from that till I see it and then I'll say if it's good or not. There's just something about the style of anime that makes it so badass. I don't want to see a CG Testsuo...if this movie has really high production value then it might turn out to be good. But if they're thinking of making this along the lines of a summer blockbuster video-game movie, then it can pretty much garunteed to suck.

And I'm not an Akira fanboy, I just happen to think it's a very neat anime.

Edited by GryphonKlaw