OLD OR NEW

thedonjuan

I can't seem to appreciate the new consoles.Yeah I play grand theft auto now and then but I just can't seem feel the new consoles are better.I got my lady's little brother hooked on old school games and now he lets his ps2 collect dust.WHos with me they don't make games like they use 2

I have 4 systems collecting dust because of teh PC!

I dunno...

It's true they don't make those hard, simple, complexed, games as they used to. Then again, i was like 8 during the SNES revolution.

I just play on my PC. Hell, I haven't even been playing my Dreamcast lately and that's my favorite console since SNES.

But take refuge in PC, for it is greater than all consoles. :(

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Although this new comp of mine has gotten my undivided attention for the last four weeks, I finally started playing Disgaea again.

I need to devote more time to my PS2 since Silent Hill 4 and Star Ocean 3 are on their way.

i use my pc mostly for simulation (x-plane), CAD, and emulation. don't play much pc games at all...

surprisingly, the best new console games are the ones that are updates of old or simle concepts. most of my waking hours outside of class and orchestra are being devoured by R-Type Final. so far i have 92/101 total ships... :blink:;)

edit - more info

Edited by darkmage479

i use my pc mostly for simulation (x-plane), CAD, and emulation.  don't play much pc games at all...

surprisingly, the best new console games are the ones that are updates of old or simle concepts.  most of my waking hours outside of class and orchestra are being devoured by R-Type Final.  so far i have 92/101 total ships... :blink:  ;)

edit - more info

I've always wanted to try X-Plane out. Is it tough to use?

K'dash, get a crap load of games.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Games it is.

List includes that Star Ocean game, La Pucelaallalalalallalala Tactics, Disgaea and to feel like a Capcom fanboy, even though I already own 2 different versions already, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

x-plane rules. u really need a joystick tho, and some knowledge of actual flight is required. although u can still just cruise and design fantasy planes. (any real air or space craft - X-plane now is compatibile with earth, mars, and all the space in between - can be modeled to 95% flight characteristic accuracy). x-plane.com is actually having a half frice sale for the soon-to-be-discontinued version 7 so act fast gryph.

actually i'm pretty pissed because xplane 7 has a massive compatibility error with my graphics card (jaton nvidia geforce fx5600x-256). the damn program crashes on startup, and because the entire thing is programmed by 1 dude, tech support is sporadic at best. still, xplane rules.

x-plane rules. u really need a joystick tho, and some knowledge of actual flight is required. although u can still just cruise and design fantasy planes. (any real air or space craft - X-plane now is compatibile with earth, mars, and all the space in between - can be modeled to 95% flight characteristic accuracy). x-plane.com is actually having a half frice sale for the soon-to-be-discontinued version 7 so act fast gryph.

actually i'm pretty pissed because xplane 7 has a massive compatibility error with my graphics card (jaton nvidia geforce fx5600x-256). the damn program crashes on startup, and because the entire thing is programmed by 1 dude, tech support is sporadic at best. still, xplane rules.

I don't have any flight knowledge...just that you're supposed to get in the plane, not on the plane. ;)

I basically just wanted to design fantasy planes with I don't have much aerodynamic information. And I don't have a joystick...well actually I have a crappy OLD 1998 2-button joystick that might still work...

Games it is.

List includes that Star Ocean game, La Pucelaallalalalallalala Tactics, Disgaea and to feel like a Capcom fanboy, even though I already own 2 different versions already, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

Excellent choices my friend. ;)