last blade 3

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuki is a 10 man team, you think they can create a whole new engine?

I didn't know that. In fact, I've never actually seen any info on Yuki. Any idea how many people were with Arc System Works when they came out with GG1?

As for the Last Blade series, there is a compilation pack of 1&2 coming for PS2. Hopefully, they'll port everything seamlessly, and include an 'extra' mode where they'll include (for instance) both the original and neo-cd soundtracks and the ability to use Musashi etc in LB2 without having to drop things like taunts(!)...

I still believe LB to be a highly superior series to SS, but when I think of SNK's great character designs in SS (and even Ninja Masters), what I really want is a great all-character-inclusive crossover, with revamps so that everything's in LB style. I even wouldn't mind a game in 3D, with Soul Calibur style graphics (not SC2, I hate SC2) and Rival Schools style gameplay (and Project Justice style backgrounds.)

SNK is developing SS6, which I find interesting. They've recently converted KoF into 3D, and Metal Slug, but those titles aren't sequential in the main series. SNK has confirmed SS*6*, which suggests 2D... on the other hand, SS5 re-introduced some of the SS64 characters, SVC had Shiki, and NGBC has Asura, so they aren't exactly burying the 3D SS titles of the past as some dark secret. Now that KoF: MI actually looks pretty good, I wouldn't be surprised if they're going back to 3D at some point for their weapons-fighters.

My hope is that SS6 will be 2D but that they're developing their 3D title either from Last Blade (possible) or as a crossover (because SS is much more known in America, and this would be a great way to introduce the LB series to a new audience.)

Oh well, things are definitely revving up over at SNKP. I'm amazed they've had so many titles going recently, it's only a matter of time until LB is resurrected. I just hope whatever they make deserves the name.

Yuki is a 10 man team, you think they can create a whole new engine?

I didn't know that. In fact, I've never actually seen any info on Yuki.

When LB games came out there was more then 10 guys at Yuki, there was about maybe 30-35. Now that was the team, now it's been reduced to 10 people.

Well, as seeing the time period of LB2 is around the end of the last Bakuihu, its gonna be hard to advance in timeline.

After that period Samurais are basically gone after the battle of Joshu.

Unless they want to screw over storylines like SS series, where the timeline goes like this:

SS5 (1786) -SS1(1788)-SS3(1789)-SS4(1789)-SS2(1789)-SS64(1790)- SS64 Asura something(1790)- SS Blade of something(1811)

Forgive me for my crappy Japanese, but SS series timeline sux thanks to the stupid whoever that dicided Nakoruru must be back in the game cuz she's so famous and the biggest attractor of fanboys.

Anyways, I'd personally have LB series stay where it is, unless they want to do "go back in time" thing like they did with SS5 again.

Who cares about the story, they could always expand on the game play and add a few more characters. Now that would be nice.

Story is a must in LB. That is one of the good point of LB.

(except for Mukuro's storyline, which is silly, but still entertaining :()

Who cares about the story, they could always expand on the game play and add a few more characters. Now that would be nice.

(except for Mukuro's storyline, which is silly, but still entertaining :))

Yeah, the story in LB and LB2 are top-notch (unlike the KOF storylines :( )

(except for Mukuro's storyline, which is silly, but still entertaining :))

Yeah, the story in LB and LB2 are top-notch (unlike the KOF storylines :( )

KOF story IS interesting.....well, until KOF99.

Kof2000 and beyond is crap. But 2K3 get interested again with the

3 Sacred Sword story :D

I'm a story-nut, so I never thought I'd be saying this, but... story in Last Blade simply serves to congeal it's style. A Last Blade game without a decently atmospheric story would fall flat... but that's only because the game has a certain lightness, the style put into the first two games is a work of art. It's like poetry because it has (an admittedly superficial) context.

So yeah, Last Blade without proper framing wouldn't be Last Blade. On the other hand, the Last Blade series, the Samurai Spirits series, and even the Ninja Masters series (IIRC) are integrally tied with hell/the demon world/ whatever. I think an interesting twist would be to throw the characters *through* the gates of Hell and have a full-on crossover in some kind of mirror-world on the other side. Anyway, that's the macguffin I threw together to explain a Castlevania fighter - the castle exists outside of time, so on some level anyone who ever entered it could meet anyone else who enters it in the future or entered it in the past while inside. I rather like that explanation, maybe it would work if they had a big Samurai/Ninja/Gaijin fighter in the netherworld.

Didn't Ukyo actually *enter* Hell, after all, to pick that certain flower? I guess it can be done.

Didn't Ukyo actually *enter* Hell, after all, to pick that certain flower? I guess it can be done.

Yes, he did go into that bad place to pick up the "Ultimate Flower" for Kei. Unfortunately, he mistook a Catteleya plant for the ultimate flower.

The funny thing is, the Catteleya plant was first discovered in the mid 20th century.

With the SNK storywriters, anything can happen. Heck, Ukyo summons apples through the 4-dimensional gate in his armpit anyways ;)