The TGS Wrap Up Thread

Wizard

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care whether GT4 has online feature or not. The gameplay sucks anyway.

How does it suck? Last I heard the game had excellent gameplay.

It depends on what you're looking for in a racer. If you're looking for an arcade racer, the GT series is definately not for you. I'm not going to say it's "realistic" (although it probably is, relatively speaking), but I liked it because it added a level of depth to racing that most other games didn't give me.

Before GT3, I'd never played a racer that made me think about the effects of engine placement, or taking turns from the outside-in, or how I wanted to tweak my camber for that extra help on a certain track. But things like that made GT3 a deeper challenge for me than any other racer I'd played, and kept my interest far longer than any of the "go fast, then powerslide, then boost when you have it" racers I was used to. It made me learn "the line," and how that line changes for differently tuned cars, a LOT more than any other racer. And that's not going to be everybody's cup of tea.

Well, I like realistic racing but the gameplay is boring if you keep on racing on a fix track. That's why I like the Shutoku Battle Series by Genki.

It has 3 cities (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka) as the race track.

The concept is original (SP battle meter, 2 vs 1, endurance etc etc)

It is street racing with racing groups for you to beat!

It has bosses to beat!! :D (Very dramatic when the bosses comes :( )

Heh, I really love the series. I never miss one (except for the PS port)

Do you mean "tokyo street race" or whatever it was called?

I don't care whether GT4 has online feature or not. The gameplay sucks anyway.

How does it suck? Last I heard the game had excellent gameplay.

It depends on what you're looking for in a racer. If you're looking for an arcade racer, the GT series is definately not for you. I'm not going to say it's "realistic" (although it probably is, relatively speaking), but I liked it because it added a level of depth to racing that most other games didn't give me.

Before GT3, I'd never played a racer that made me think about the effects of engine placement, or taking turns from the outside-in, or how I wanted to tweak my camber for that extra help on a certain track. But things like that made GT3 a deeper challenge for me than any other racer I'd played, and kept my interest far longer than any of the "go fast, then powerslide, then boost when you have it" racers I was used to. It made me learn "the line," and how that line changes for differently tuned cars, a LOT more than any other racer. And that's not going to be everybody's cup of tea.

Well, I like realistic racing but the gameplay is boring if you keep on racing on a fix track. That's why I like the Shutoku Battle Series by Genki.

It has 3 cities (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka) as the race track.

The concept is original (SP battle meter, 2 vs 1, endurance etc etc)

It is street racing with racing groups for you to beat!

It has bosses to beat!! :D (Very dramatic when the bosses comes :( )

Heh, I really love the series. I never miss one (except for the PS port)

Do you mean "tokyo street race" or whatever it was called?

Well, it is called Shutoku Battle Zero One for the latest installment.

For US release, it is called Tokyo Extreme Racer 3.

Go figure.

If I recall, it was on Dreamcast and one of the U.S. PS2 Launch titles. Yeah, that was a fun game. I bought it on Ebay but never recieved the game >=(

If I recall, it was on Dreamcast and one of the U.S. PS2 Launch titles. Yeah, that was a fun game. I bought it on Ebay but never recieved the game >=(

What?!? You get flocked! :(

Anyway, here is the history of the series....correct me if I'm wrong

Tokyo Extreme Racer (PS)

Tokyo Extreme Racer (DC)(has really great music)

Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 (DC)(the 2nd best ever in the series)

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero (PS2)

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 (or Zero One) (PS2)(the best now)

Shutoku Battle Online (PC and soon PS2)(never play this before, heard it has a great fan following at Japan though)

imo reminds me of Inital D.

Well, Initial D is mountain racing, and Shutoku is highway racing.

Genki do release mountain racing games, which is Kaido Battle and Kaido Battle 2.

Very realistic mountain racing, unlike Initial D, which is crap (except for the music)