The TGS Wrap Up Thread

Wizard

Just taking a small touch from this thread over at MMcafe.

PSP games looked nice, but it doesn't mean i'm egerly waiting to buy one. From what gather from people on the floor. That the games sucked (at least, the original ones that were being made for launch).

KOF94 Rebout is a big let down. Looks like sheit and possibly plays like it too (not that I hate the original 94 style, but if they changed a little something, I might whine about it).

Neo-Geo Battle Colisseum looks nice right now. I mentioned this in another thread, but Yuki looks like a crazy redraw of May Lee in Hero mode. The cast is medicore imo and coming out in December doesn't really give me high hopes of it being another kof`98 or 3s. I expect another SVCC and a bunch of untested, rehashed characters with poor A.I.

At least it will have online play for me to gay people with what ever bugs they may find.

GT4 - Sad to say the online is gone :(

Front Mission Online and Front Mission 6 got my blood boiling. I <3 the Front Mission series.

Snake Eater looks great. And Kojima said "It's only for hardcore fans." SNK, rant all you want. FANBOYS WILL UNITE!

Capcom showed off more CFJ along with the new redone site. So far i expect it to be great. Looks like mugen, but plays great. (Reminds me of EFZ). And Ingrid owns me.

Ug, metal slug 3d looks horrible (3D not 6!).

I'll edit when I feel like ranting some more.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Metal Gear Acid looks super sexy.

2. SpikeOut looks super sexy.

3. Fanboys are crying like little bit¢hes over Metal Slug 3D, when we have only seen really, really, really horrible screens (the pictures, not the content)

4. PSTwo is making me want to buy a PS2 now

5. Demento should be good

6. GT4 was one of THE let-downs of the show (they should have just waited and put online in (they are going to rerelease it later with it))

7. KOF94 Rebout looks good to me, and I loved the original. CHANGE IS GOOD!!!

Anon.

3. Fanboys are crying like little bit¢hes over Metal Slug 3D, when we have only seen really, really, really horrible screens (the pictures, not the content)

6. GT4 was one of THE let-downs of the show (they should have just waited and put online in (they are going to rerelease it later with it))

Anon.

by GT4 you mean Gran Turismo 4, and not Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas right?

Anon.

by GT4 you mean Gran Turismo 4, and not Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas right?

I'm guessing yes, they meant Gran Turismo 4, since I've seen the "no online after all" announcement for that game elsewhere.

This sucks, but if GT3 was any indication, I'll get far more than my $50 worth even without online play.

I would like to think so. I don't see GTA:SA being developed by J-Pop Star Japan.

Oh, so TGS is only for Japanese games? I see (I guess that's why its called the tokyo game show!)

Yeah, they're developed by Japanese developers, but a lot of them get ported to the U.S. Some of the biggest games come from Japan...I can't make a giant list but one of the most renouned developers is Polyphony Digital, responsible for the GT series...and then that's ported over here to the U.S. (and thank god is was!!). TGS may be a Tokyo Game Show, but that doesn't limit the games shown in TGS strictly for Japan. Think of Japan like a testing ground, if the games flop, they're not ported to the U.S., or if U.S. publishers have the balls, they'll pick up rights to the game and localize it for American release...some games flop, some games are god like with their omnipresence, like the GT series, Hot Shots Golf, so on and so forth.

Was that too long of an explanation?

I would like to think so. I don't see GTA:SA being developed by J-Pop Star Japan.

Oh, so TGS is only for Japanese games? I see (I guess that's why its called the tokyo game show!)

Yeah, they're developed by Japanese developers, but a lot of them get ported to the U.S. Some of the biggest games come from Japan...I can't make a giant list but one of the most renouned developers is Polyphony Digital, responsible for the GT series...and then that's ported over here to the U.S. (and thank god is was!!). TGS may be a Tokyo Game Show, but that doesn't limit the games shown in TGS strictly for Japan. Think of Japan like a testing ground, if the games flop, they're not ported to the U.S., or if U.S. publishers have the balls, they'll pick up rights to the game and localize it for American release...some games flop, some games are god like with their omnipresence, like the GT series, Hot Shots Golf, so on and so forth.

Was that too long of an explanation?

:( no, but I do understand that a lot of games are developed by japanese companies (the majority really). I just didn't realise that only japanese developers were involved in the TGS (in other words, I thought it was another E3-type thing).