The TGS Wrap Up Thread

Wizard

I was never a huge fan of Gran Turismo games...or any racing game for that matter. I only like cars in games if you can use them to inflict harm upon other things in the game, not just drive around and around on a flocking track.

Then Burnout 3 is tailormade for you... and for me too. Awesome bullet-time-like moments.

After liking GT3 so much, I was surprised to find that I got a huge kick out of Burnout 2. Burnout 3 looks to be that much more of the same crunchy goodness.

Yeah, but I haven't plsyed aany of the Burnout games myself, just seen people play... so I'm definitely going to pick up the 3rd installment any day now. (but first i want my hands on Silent Hill 4).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when was TM considered a racer? I alwaysthough of it as a very violent Destruction Derby.

Edited to make sense.

Edited by K`dash

Since when was TM considered a racer? I alwaysthough of it as a very violent Destruction Derby.

Edited to make sense.

Agreed, Twisted Metal is more like deathmatch with cars. Burnout doesn't even have weapons.

Edit: Nevermind, you updated mid-post. :P

Yeah, they're good for car-based carnage. I'd hesitate to compare them to burnout though, they're both good in their own ways.

Edited by Daeval

Twisted Metal is fun as hell, we would play that all the time. But my favorite vehicule game is Carmaggedon 2, there's nothing like the satisfying squish of running some fat chick over.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I was glad TMB was made by the original dev and not 989. Although 989 did have Rob Zombie, but even that couldn't save it from it's horrible something or other that didn't make Twisted Metal-Twisted Metal.

Twisted Metal is one of the main reasons I want a PSP. BTW, any of you Twisted Metal fans ever play Critical Depth? I loved that game. It was made by SingleTrac after they were bought by GT Interactive, but before many of them left to form Incognito (the Sony group that made Twisted Metal: Black).

Edited by Thraxen