having a hell of a time making games work

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*offtopic*

I think the emus should start implementing a "fallback" driver that allow any ROM (well, for neogeo roms anyway) to be loaded, sort of like how NRX works. This will partly eliminate all the "can't load rom blah blah" BS.

Actually, I have pitched this idea on different boards, but it has always been shot down thanks to emu authors' "morals". :P:D

Edited by Agozer

*offtopic*

I think the emus should start implementing a "fallback" driver that allow any ROM (well, for neogeo roms anyway) to be loaded, sort of like how NRX works. This will partly eliminate all the "can't load rom blah blah" BS.

Actually, I have pitched this idea on different boards, but it has always been shot down thanks to emu authors' "morals". :P:D

Morals, my @ss. What a pile of crock. I might add something like this to gngeo if I can find the time.

*offtopic*

Morals, my @ss. What a pile of crock. I might add something like this to gngeo if I can find the time.

My thoughts exactly. I suppose it can't be helped unless you do it yourself.

Btw, "ass" isn't censored.

Edited by Agozer

ok spent a hell of a long time getting about 95% of my neo games to working in kawaks and all it is good.

Now i wanted to see my cross compatibility with Nebula and not suprisingly only 15 of 40+ games work. So for the hell of it i copied my info from my.asr file from kawaks and pasted it into the Nebula NEOGEO file. Upon doing this nebula wont even attempt to audit the games, why would this be?

if there are multiple or duplicate dat files in the NEOGEO file does does it freak out or somthing?

Edited by PLasticSlug

When you try to scan for games in Nebula after doing that does it just quit? That happened to me and the problem was the Matrimelee dat. After getting rid of it it worked fine.

Do you mean the dat entries for Matrimelee inside Neogeo.dat? Nice, I'll remember this when I try to cross-breed my NRX sets with Nebula. :P