any way to increase resolution

If if you're using Nebula, Kawaks, MAME or FBA, you can change the resolution from the emulator's options. If you're using NeoRAGEx, the resolution is fixed to 640x480.

actually NRX is 320x240 without any blitters enabled. Neogeo in itself is only using 320x224 at max (or 320x240 - depends on what you believe in). im using FBA @ 800x600 D3D rendering and full stretch and if i have a faster PC, i will definitely set it to higher.

MAME, Kawaks and Nebula shouldnt have problems switching resolutions as well. im not sure what the highest resolution you can use with MAME but im sure that if you cant see your desired resolution in the Kawaks/Nebula menus, you can set it yourself in their Config files (.ini)

I see, im using neorage, I always wondered why people used other programs to run neogames. Ill do that thanks.

so fba or which one is the better emulators to increase resolution?

does it actually look considerably better (ie worth my time and effort to find working rom sets)?

Edited by PLasticSlug

If if you're using Nebula, Kawaks, MAME or FBA, you can change the resolution from the emulator's options. If you're using NeoRAGEx, the resolution is fixed to 640x480.

actually NRX is 320x240 without any blitters enabled. Neogeo in itself is only using 320x224 at max (or 320x240 - depends on what you believe in).

Ah yes, you're correct. Forgot all about the image without blitters, since I've always used one. :shootem:

I see, im using neorage, I always wondered why people used other programs to run neogames.  Ill do that thanks.

so fba or which one is the better emulators to increase resolution?

does it actually look considerably better (ie worth my time and effort to find working rom sets)?

well, it will surely look better but whether it is worth your time and effort is something of your choice. it is encouraged to check out all blitters on all emus for yourself (except NRX, sad to say its just dead on everything). in short, tweak it to your needs, it'll take time but its surely worth it.

many people seems to be content with Kawaks and its good range of blitter options, so you may want to try that first. also, be reminded that Nebula can only use some of its blitters in the Windowed GUI mode (like its own D3D renderer). as for MAME, i have the least knowledge about it so i cant tell.

one last note, with the exception of a few blitter options (like the Interframe Blending in Kawaks) blitters normally requires 640x480 as a minimum resolution.

Ah yes, you're correct. Forgot all about the image without blitters, since I've always used one.:P

even back with your old PC? damn, back when i was using NRX i just cant stand frameskipping so i always disable any blitters. :shootem:

Ah yes, you're correct. Forgot all about the image without blitters, since I've always used one.:P

even back with your old PC? damn, back when i was using NRX i just cant stand frameskipping so i always disable any blitters. :shootem:

Yeah, even with my old PC I could run NRX with 44100Hz sound, sound interpolation and image interpolation on. :P