The Best Wrestler in a Fighting Game

Who Rules The Ring?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stupid Tizoc. I replaced Muscle Power (the bottom option in the poll) with him. No-one would have voted for Muscle Power and Tizoc is a better character BUT....

I've been playing World Heroes Perfect again lately and I've come to the conclusion that Muscle Power is the best representation of a wrestler on a 2D fighting game. His incredibly daft look and voice are amazing/amazingly funny (a bit like real wrestling in fact), and his variety of wrestling throws is even better than Zangief on World Warrior/Champion Edition/Turbo (I hate the fact that Capcom got rid of more than half of his throws in Super SF2 onwards, this was stupid of them, I know why they did it but that's not the point, it detracted from the character).

Anyway, if it wasn't for 3D wrestlers (Wolf, King, Bass etc), Muscle Power would be the best user of the pro wrestling fighting style. Plus, I think Muscle Power's spinning back breaker is even more fun to do than Zangiefs SPD [Although my all time fave "Spinner" is Darun's from SFEX]. Muscle Power even has a 'proper' Hugo style clothesline (instead of the crap spinning clothesline) and a flying dropkick in addition to his wide range of major slammage! :D

Number 1.....NUMBERRRR ONE!!!!!

Also, Tizoc's 'spinner' is a pathetic attempt. It is exactly the same as the ryu character (Demitri) from Darkstalkers' 360 move. Nowhere near spectacular/original enough. Even Yoshimitsu had this move (his back throw) and that's a 'semi-serious' 3D game. Hugo's Moonsault Press and Darun's 'spinner' show the more creative thinking Capcom are capable of.

World Heroes IS under-rated. Poor ADK bastards. This game features some of the best ideas and most fun moves in a 2D fighter.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Ramon before Ramon besides Ramon above Ramon!!! UNDERRATED!!! SO SAD!!! Kickass wrestle char!!! WILD FIRE CAT!!!! PERIOD!!!

Ramon is a rubbish character and a complete waste of a good idea. Which was supposed to be "Lucha Libre" but isn't anything like. His design isn't what gets my goat, he looks more like Justin Timberlake than a wrestler, BUT it's the fact that he has no moves whatsoever and is poorly researched.

His "moves" - A 'back-off' move (god knows what that's for), A back-off into dropkick, a badly animated grab (his nowhere near good enough version of a 360), a sobat back-kick and a somersault that also does nothing. His supers are both acceptable but who cares? He sticks to hardly any of the ideas or concepts that he was supposed to and is "just another fighter" and one with NO MOVES at that....

He was a cool concept that was thrown out the window by SNK's stupidity/laziness.

Ramon before Ramon besides Ramon above Ramon!!! UNDERRATED!!! SO SAD!!! Kickass wrestle char!!! WILD FIRE CAT!!!! PERIOD!!!

Ramon is a rubbish character and a complete waste of a good idea. Which was supposed to be "Lucha Libre" but isn't anything like. His design isn't what gets my goat, he looks more like Justin Timberlake than a wrestler, BUT it's the fact that he has no moves whatsoever and is poorly researched.

His "moves" - A 'back-off' move (god knows what that's for), A back-off into dropkick, a badly animated grab (his nowhere near good enough version of a 360), a sobat back-kick and a somersault that also does nothing. His supers are both acceptable but who cares? He sticks to hardly any of the ideas or concepts that he was supposed to and is "just another fighter" and one with NO MOVES at that....

He was a cool concept that was thrown out the window by SNK's stupidity/laziness.

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha...no

Watch some real Lucha.

Watch some real Lucha.

I already know how it is. SNK don't. Nothing you can say can convince me that they didn't completely miss-hit with this character.

Watch some real Lucha.

I already know how it is. SNK don't. Nothing you can say can convince me that they didn't completely miss-hit with this character.

COUNTER-RETORT

Yes, SNK does know. The character designer for him was a big Lucha Libre wrestling fan and he was specifically made for the 2nd most popular Neo-Geo spot (South America). I'm not convincing you, even though you are wrong.

Edited by K`dash

Watch some real Lucha.

COUNTER-RETORT

Yes, SNK does know. The character designer for him was a big Lucha Libre wrestling fan and he was specifically made for the 2nd most popular Neo-Geo spot (South America). I'm not convincing you, even though you are wrong.

So the character designer is a fan of three of the moves commonly performed by these types of wrestlers.... In fact you should make that less, because dropkicks are performed by all, a cross body press is nothing special, a somersault is just grasping at straws, a back-off move (cyclone kick and punch) is a daft and pointless inclusion. I bet Tekken's King has far more Lucha Libre in him than this so-called effort.

This character was designed with one of NEOGEO's major markets in mind, South America.

He's a stout, masked wrestler who uses tricky body slam moves.

These three points form the major concept behind the creation of Ramon.

Ramon's designer at the time loved pro-wrestling fighting moves, and we remember him carefully studying these. The fruits of this labor crystallized themselves in the Lucha Dolore known as Ramon.

With his use of "Lucha Libre" moves and not those of traditional "pro-wrestling," we hope you can enjoy experiencing the attention to detail, intensity, and enthusiasm of Ramon's designer at that time.

Seriously, do some research on the chracaters insted of b!tching how "bad" they're designed in your view.

This character was designed with one of NEOGEO's major markets in mind, South America.

He's a stout, masked wrestler who uses tricky body slam moves.

These three points form the major concept behind the creation of Ramon.

Ramon's designer at the time loved pro-wrestling fighting moves, and we remember him carefully studying these. The fruits of this labor crystallized themselves in the Lucha Dolore known as Ramon.

With his use of "Lucha Libre" moves and not those of traditional "pro-wrestling," we hope you can enjoy experiencing the attention to detail, intensity, and enthusiasm of Ramon's designer at that time.

Seriously, do some research on the chracaters insted of b!tching how "bad" they're designed in your view.

What does this prove? We all know what was being aimed for. Only some of us see how pathetically it was executed in the finished product. Do some research? Is that advice for SNK's designers in future?

Do better your self then.

Cuz thats what I say to people who whine about something all the time <INSERT INPUT LAG JOKE HERE>. Seriously, do something, all you do is whine about why this character looks like a little child blah blah blah.

Do better your self then.

Cuz thats what I say to people who whine about something all the time <INSERT INPUT LAG JOKE HERE>. Seriously, do something, all you do is whine about why this character looks like a little child blah blah blah.

I AM doing better myself, that's the whole frickin' point. Do you not remember I'm a designer myself? That's why I get p!ssed and point out stuff like this.