Half-Life 2 Preloading

Gryph

All right, thanks anyways.

And I may have found out how to get Half Life 2 working, but you need Counter-Strike: Source. All I did was create a shortcut of the hl2.exe in my CS:S folder, and set eh command line perimeters as "-steam -game hl2 -console" and I think it tried to load Half Life 2. However, I don't have the nessisary files. So I was thinking that if you downloaded the pre-load and have all the other files, you'd be able to run Half Life 2.

That's why I want to know. :peopleseybrow:

Edit: I am so close to getting it working, I can taste it! Do what I did and make that shortcut, and if you get any errors, copy the files from the cstrike folder to the hl2 folder. I managed to get the menu screen to work like HL2 (Where it says New Game, Load Game and such), but when I go to new game, there isn't anything there. I'm so close!

Edited by Dooz

Wow, Gabe Newell is a dumbass. I knew he was a liar and a bastard but now he's just a pure dumbass. Over at HL2Fallout.com some guy "hacked" his account and posted that Half-Life 2 is going gold on Monday. His password was "gaben." What a moron, especially after what happened last year! Pitiful.

Wow, Gabe Newell is a dumbass. I knew he was a liar and a bastard but now he's just a pure dumbass. Over at HL2Fallout.com some guy "hacked" his account and posted that Half-Life 2 is going gold on Monday. His password was "gaben." What a moron, especially after what happened last year! Pitiful.

Wow indeed. I wouldn't be too surprised if Newell's old password was "password". :blink:

arghh my 56k would choke to death even using jetcar

well there's always the rich friend with dsl eh

but why even bother to pay

just get the cracked version like all you guys have

amn why even bother to have it to dl really what's the point

no box, no booklet, no cdcase, no fun

and is it the same price to uncrack it because if that is the case

that's crap B)

Good, then we had to wait for an another year and so on after all the messes occurred recently and next. Bah! B)

What messed up? Just some guy got onto his HL2Fallout account and said the game is going gold on Monday. No harm done. It is funny as hell though. This preload is one of a few so don't expect this to go gold for another few weeks. I don't know the schedule for the rest of the preload but I'm sure they are tentative. :punk: