Worlds of Warcraft Stress Test

Gryph

Blizzard announced it has teamed up with Fileplanet for a seven day open beta stress test. All you need to do is sign up for a Fileplanet account (the free kind) and enter. The download is around 2 gigs:

Blizzard Entertainment® today announced plans to collaborate with FilePlanet on Blizzard's upcoming World of Warcraft TM stress test beta. This 7-day test will help Blizzard optimize World of Warcraft to deliver the best online-gaming experience possible when it launches later this year. Gamers in North America will have the opportunity to become one of over 100,000 people chosen to participate in the stress test and try out World of Warcraft before its release.

Sign-ups for the World of Warcraft stress test beta are scheduled to take place exclusively on the FilePlanet Web site. Additional information regarding the start date of the sign-ups and the start of the stress test beta will be released on the FilePlanet Web site in the days ahead. Anyone in North America can apply one submission per person and selected testers will be notified by FilePlanet and receive further instructions after completing the sign-up process.

"We're pleased to be working closely with FilePlanet to conduct this stress test for World of Warcraft," stated Paul Sams, senior vice president of business operations at Blizzard Entertainment. "They have extensive experience delivering files to tens of thousands of people daily, and they share Blizzard's high standards for quality and information security."

The World of Warcraft stress test beta is designed to tax the game's server infrastructure, allowing Blizzard to evaluate the account-creation process and server performance under heavy loads. Stress-test participants will be able to play the same content that is currently being tested by World of Warcraft's closed-beta testers, but the stress test beta will take place on separate servers in order to avoid unbalancing the closed beta test. Blizzard will also be conducting an open beta test, in which everyone is free to participate, in the months ahead.

Source: Voodoo Extreme

Sounds pretty cool. Anyone planning on doing this? If I weren't busy with school I would definitely do it. I think this is really good thing to do, another reason why this game will probably be the one to win the MMORPG war.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

OMG, I CAN ENTER THE BETA!

LEGALLY!

Heh, who needs it to be legal? I remember playin' the Warcraft 3 Beta. I sucked so bad then...omg...

I mean, I don't have to kill someone for it.

LEGALLY!

Heh, who needs it to be legal? I remember playin' the Warcraft 3 Beta. I sucked so bad then...omg...

Now, K', violence is NOT the answer. Oh wait...better double check that...

LEGALLY!

Now, K', violence is NOT the answer. Oh wait...better double check that...

Yes, it is. It can give you lots of things in a short period of time.

Like a ruptured spleen.