Funny(yet annoying) graphics glitch (Winmugen)

I love winmugen, apart from the the fact that I'm getting really warped display glitches like characters dissappearing when they move and charactes with all wrong colour display - when i use mugen for dos i have no problem at all (just my gamepad that doesn't autodetect). Anyone else have this problem - or a sollution to it?

*why is mugen for dos so slow in xp? I have to set the gamespeed to 2 to get a normal winmugen gamespeed??.

The color problem is not a problem. Well not with mugen it isn't.

This is an updated version of mugen. It handles sprites differently than Dos Mugen does.

The good thing is that now a programmer can add over 256 colors to a character if he or she chooses.

The bad news is that most creator's did not care to make the sff's correctly when creating there characters. They did not care that Linux mugen handled the files differently and now all the creations made like that are messed up in WinMugen. Since WinMugen is a direct port of Linux Mugen.

The same goes for slight tweaking (improving) of the coding and air files. All the old stuff doesn't work as well do to the it not being supported in Linux Mugen.

You can go to the link in the WinMugen sticky and find many ways to correct these things.

Edited by The TeamPlayer

The good thing is that now a programmer can add over 256 colors to a character if he or she chooses.

Wow!! that's great! With that they can really design visually stunning characters.I guess they can do the same with the backgrounds then.

I would really like to get all the bugs sorted out in winmugen :P - the sound is flawless in winmugen and it's a 100% faster and smoother than dosmugen (but for now i'm still using dosmugen untill i can sort out the problem with the colours. - I'm actually just having problems with two characters right now: Terry-x- and Goro daimon-x-. I don't want to take them out of the selection screen (they are simply too cool).

I'm using Joy2key for my gamepad problem. Thanks; it works like a charm! but Now i want to set my default keys in mugen, so that i don't have to go into options and change it every time - problem being i dunno what the values are for the "w" for up, "a" for left,

"s" for down and "d" for right, It looks all funny when i go into mugen.cfg e.g

Jump = 200 (I want the w key there)

Crouch = 208 (s key)

Left = 203 (a key)

Right = 205 (d key)

A = 51 (: key)

B = 52 (" key)

C = 53 (\ key)

X = 38 (. key)

Y = 39 (/ key)

Z = 40 (Rshift key)

Start = 28 (that one can still be enter)

can you help me with this? -thx-

You can just go into the options while Mugen is running and set the controls from there.

It doesn't stay that way. I do that ;and the next time i start mugen again i have to do it all over. (I think it refers to the default settings in the mugen.cfg every time the program is executed. If i can just change the defaults to the buttons i want to use....)

*BTW that guy "rouhei" took the sff fix off his website (something about someone bitchin that altering the sff files would change the original content of the characters files) , I really need that fix program for the character pallette problems :P. Is there ANY other way or place that i can get it? I already tried Google.....

Odd are you sure that the cfg file is not read only?

Also there is a choice to save the options configurations.

As for the fix I do not know. I only have a select few characters I use from other creators and I use DosMugen for them.

I only use LinMugen for my own WIPs.

Maybe someone that has it here can send it to you.

• 6 months later...