Affordable 64 bit micros

alexis

well, basucally that, i am lookling for affordable 64 bit micros and if the difference in price is worth i mean if by paying the same money on a 32 bit processor isn`t better. I do not because it is difficult to keep up with names, i gues athlon 64 economic family is newcastle, how about the new socket 940, how do this "economic" micros benchmark, i am not really interested in overclocking, i dunno who knows sth about 64 bit processors?

oh another quesiton, i sa an economic x300 pci exprress card, how does it nechmark too, is there any advantage besides being pci expres the new format?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over here the price is the lowest 64 bit processor (Athlon 64 2800) is more expensive than the fastest 32 bit Athlon processor (XP 3200+). I just recently bought an XP 3200+ because I didn't want to shell out the extra for a 64 bit processor, I mean there are no applications to take advantage of the 64 bit-ness. By the time 64 bit programs do come around, the prices of these processors would have fallen so I'd buy it then...

But I think the A64 2800 outperforms the XP 3200+ by a small margin.

But 754 pins is by no means old, just not as good as the 939 and 940 pin since you can't use dual channel RAM thing with the 754 pins. But it isn't that big of a disadvantage. And there are maybe one or two other differences. The man to talk to about this is K'dash since he has an A64 3200+.

I don't know what the prices are like in Argentina but in the US the cheapest A64 is $140 on Pricewatch. And that's OEM so you'll have to buy an adequate fan as well.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

the cheapest price i found for the athlon 2800+ 64 is $216 and xp 3000+

ranges from $250 to $309. The cheapest mother i found for it costs 130, then there is one at $160 and all the others cost above $200.

Prices suck, mmph i am starting to think that buying in US and paying shippiong will cost cheaper.

i have been looking at ebay and i think if i can get ot buy the micro mobo and a few more things like memory and video and get it shipped to Argentina then i will be able to pay thins cheaper than they cost here and it will enable to buy a 64 bit micro without afecting my budget. I will also have to find out about custom taxes. but i do not think that will be much.

If importing is more economical and allows you to get better hardware, go for it. :D

If you're going to buy from the US, I suggest NewEgg. I don't know if they will export to Argentina but you could email them and ask them. They have low prices and very awesome.

thnx dude you rule =)

i should explore it more to know how much shipping costs. excuse my ignorance, i have to select a shop and then buy it from it, so if i want to buy th ecpu mobo and memory i have to look for a shop with the 3 of em?

Edited by alexis

It would be a lot more convinient if you found a shop that carried all 3 items since you would save on shipping because all should come in one package. Otherwise you'd have to pay shipping charges to more than one place and since you're in Argentina, I'm sure shipping could be a bit pricey.