ptob installing Hardrive

ok if you are using windows xp..go to control panel.click on performance and maintenance...than go to administrative tools and click on computer management.

a new window wil popup and on the left side column go down to storage and in the submenu one of the options should be disk management.

it'll show all of the disks/hardisks that are connected to your computer. check the drive that you just plugged in and format it.. voila..there is your 2nd drive <_<

i am trying to install a 200 gig hardrive by maxtor

O.S = XP home edition

Motherboard = P4SD-VX (i think its by Asus but can't find no bios upgrade)

i also tried looking in sony's website there's P4SD- others but not mine

And as for Jjangthekid, sorry mate i dont think that would work cause my computer is not recognising it all

Edited by cheeky_brat

This could be a bios problem since some can't read harddrives over 137GB. I suggest you get a EIDE card.

It's a card that has it's own bios thats lets you add more harddrives and harddrives with over 137GB.

I had a problem installing a 250 gb hdd a few weeks back so I hope what I tell you will work.

Ok, go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager

Now, do you see a category that says SCSI and RAID controllers? If so, press the + to open the tree. Then it should tell you the brand and make of your RAID (probably won't be SCSI) controller. Then download the latest RAID controller and install it.

Another thing you should try doing is going into your BIOS at start up and try to set up the harddrive manually.

According to the Microsoft knowledge base, it says Windows SP1 should enable 137gb+ support. But this is an odd problem since it should atleast show up in Windows as a 137 gb HDD.

if u cant see ur new hard drive in ur bios and there's something wrong with the setup but if u can then it's something in window