halo or ut 2004?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes UT2k4 act like UT basically. EXecpt on a new engine ^^

I haven't played UT2004. Explain "plays like UT" compared to "plays like UT2004" to me.

l..what good things are there about ut2004?.i played a real old ut..i dont know what it was really called.(full name) but it wasn't that great.

there are vehicles in ut2004 am i correct?..

it seems like in halo there are endless possibilities.... :lol:

l..what good things are there about ut2004?.i played a real old ut..i dont know what it was really called.(full name) but it wasn't that great.

it seems like in halo there are endless possibilities.... :flame:

The "really old UT" is just Unreal Tournamet.

Yes, there are vehicles in UT2004.

Edited by Agozer

it seems like in halo there are endless possibilities.... :flame:

The "really old UT" is just Unreal Tournamet.

Yes, there are vehicles in UT2004.

Vehicles are the really fun part about UT2k4. They make a great attribute to the game with more possibilities and bloodshed. Definitely get UT2k4.

UT2004 has lots of gameplay modes, maps, and mutators. The bots are damn awesome if you don't want to play online. I find Halo to be dull and mediocre.

There are about 5 or 6 vehicles in UT2004 and are damn awesome. Onslaught is the best because those vehicles are very useful in them.

If you didn't thing the original UT was great (you're one of the first people to ever say that :flame: ) then I don't think you'll be too entralled with UT2004. I mean it's improved greatly but its still the same kind of game, pure multiplayer. I mean...you can get both games, buy one and get the other through different methods. :lol:

Explain to me how Halo has endless possibilites...

I was actually really dissapointed in Halo. I waited two years to get it, hoping the price would go down. It didn't. I bought it used for 45$ and I view it as one of the biggest mistakes I've made. 10 single player maps...and that's it. Multiplayer requires a crapload of people to actually be fun, which I don't have. If I'm lucky I can get 3 other people together at once. No bots = No fun.

I love ut2k4 - going back and playing quake 3 after playing that, I always try to double-jump and shootdodge! :flame: It seems to me that with these features AND vehicles, ut2k4 is a vast improvement over the original UT, but I never played ut2k3 (apart from once), so I don't know how much of an improvement ut2k4 is over ut2k3. Halo I find kind of fun, but frustrating and too hard. I realise I have the PC version so I'm perhaps not getting the ideal halo experience, but personally, I don't see what all the fuss over this game was about (ie all the hype).

edit: It's interesting, but although unreal 1 and 2 looked funky, gameplay wise they didn't really grip me beyond a week. They've also have mixed reviews and mixed reactions with gamers. But the unreal tournament games have ALWAYS been fun, and fast-paced, and the weapons were better. I don't know what my point was, but yeah!.

Conversely, the best thing to come out of 'halo' is "Red vs Blue"! (:lol:)

Edit2: If you end up getting ut2k4 and are on broadband, make sure you download the "community bonus pack" at http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/. It's 400 megs of new levels, skins and mutators! And they were all designed by fans. Normally fanmade maps are endlessly crappier than the stock maps, but these maps look AWESOME - in fact most of them are on par with, if not better, than the levels that came with the game!

Edited by random guy

I wish Microsoft never engulfed Bungie, Halo was going to be a totally different game. I lost interest in Halo once they said it was becoming and FPS only game for XBOX. Playing it on the XBOX wasn't that fun for me and playing it on the PC made me feel dirty.

You have no idea how many people I've tried to relate this too who've looked at me like I was crazy. Finally someone else who remembers the Halo that never was! I can't even find those old vids anywhere, I wouldn't be entirely suprised if M$ had them "surpressed." What's more, all these XBox fans are wetting themselves over Halo 2, but all of the "exciting new features" they're advertising are shown off in those early, pre-xbox vids. Basically, M$ robbed PC gamers of what was to be an interesting new game and crapped out another mediocre FPS for console fans who weren't used to ignoring them on the shelves.

:flame::lol:

And now for the On-Topic:

Bias aside, my vote goes for UT2004. It has basically everything Halo has, but more of it. More weapons, maps, vehicles, etc. They tend to be a little more varied in their execution as well. It also has a lot of potential for variety with Mutators and user made mods (check out "Swarm," for example).

Also, if you don't mind a historical setting and you haven't tried them yet, you might check out one of the games in the Battlefield series (1942 or Vietnam). The single player isn't so hot, but the multiplayer is excellent and it's a similar kind of FPS w/vehicles combat.

Edited by Daeval