A short SF3: 3rd Strike Review

L.S.D

The main, REAL, difference between the two would be the INPUT lag. It's completely removed in the PS2 version and it's there in the DC. I'll put some judgement on this game my self once my copy arrives.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok theres actually 2 other things you forgot to mention:

1. theres an option to use the analog stick if you perfer to use that

2. the ps2 version has a filter option that smooths out the gfx (turn it off and it looks just like dc's version)

i loaded both dc's and ps2's and both using s-video connections and started a training session in both: off bat i can see the filter option in ps2's works wonders to smooth out the pixeled look that dc's has. other then that it looks to be a match between the 2. also ps2's controls did respond better then dc's so thats a good thing :flame:

so overall: i perfer ps2 version but if you already got sf3 for dc, i suggest you wait for sf aniversary dvd as that seems more worth it :lol:

btw, there seems to be a korean version of sf aniversary dvd (the one with sf3 like usa is getting) released and i played it and can say that its great and has english and japanese text options (tho for hyper sf2 the characters names will still be in japan's way even in english) EG: M.Bison = Balrog, Vega = M.Bison, Vega = Balrog

just to note: the anime movie that was in the japanese sf aniversary isn't included

I read that on mmcafe about the option to change the menus in the korean version. It's not worth the import if you've already gotten the Japanese version.

Prican, what you mean is the antialising option. Can't tell the difference that much if you using standard RGB output.

MINE SHIPS TOMORROW! YOU BASTARDS :flame:

Edit; corrected something very mistakable and obvious.

Edited by K`dash

2. the ps2 version has a filter option that smooths out the gfx (turn it off and it looks just like dc's version)

I take it that this is simillar to Guilty Gear X2's Anti Aliasing.

I assume you guys are talking about the imported ones from Japan... From what I read on SRK it seems the japanese release is 3S and some sort of game guide with the artworks and frame data. The US release comes in a bundle with SF:AC and 3S, but not the Japanese release since their AC came out months before (last dec. I think).

Yeah, so I'll probably wait till next month for the bundle pack cuz I don't just want 3S alone.

BTW, I don't think anyone's mentioned yet but isn't the game supposed to have both the original arcade version, as well as the fixed version (DC version), and you can switch between the two? So, it's not just another copy of the DC version. It's better because you can switch between the original arcade release version and the fixed. But of course, most casual players don't give a sh*t....

I assume you guys are talking about the imported ones from Japan... From what I read on SRK it seems the japanese release is 3S and some sort of game guide with the artworks and frame data. The US release comes in a bundle with SF:AC and 3S, but not the Japanese release since their AC came out months before (last dec. I think).

The normal one sells for 21,000 YEN and the special edition pack(which comes with what you mentioned, a book, a puzzle, a dvd and the guide, but not AC) which cost me 95 bucks USD is 38,000 YEN.

The DVD teaches you the basics of Third Strike;

Parrying, Red Parrying and it's many variations. Comboing with all 3 Super Arts. Countering with certain characters. How to use each character effectively.

The DVD teaches you the basics of Third Strike;

Parrying, Red Parrying and it's many variations. Comboing with all 3 Super Arts. Countering with certain characters. How to use each character effectively.

Yikes, I do miss out a lot. And I don't see the option to choose the Arcade Original or the DC version