E1 True Hollywood Story: Los Angeles Lakers

so....

obviously, this year, the NBA trades are pretty crazy this year. especially with LA Lakers and Miami Heat. we all know shaq is finally off to miami bc he demanded a trade after seeing Kobe Bryant obviously becoming the Lakers first priorty.

my thoughts on the trade is this:

Kobe Bryant is an amazing player. But, hes acting too much like a Diva, and its making Los Angeles look bad when it comes to basketball. all year, we here bout LA being a soap opera and its too much drama. well with kobe and shaq acting like idiots, los angeles lakers are nothing but actors now rather than players.

Shaq, im sad, but i can care less now. I was shocked to hear that o'neal wanted to be traded to Dallas, i thought it was kinda insulting to hear him say he DEMANDED a trade after stayin in a team where he became a superstar. again, its too hollywood in Los Angeles.

Malone maybe goin to San Antonio. All i have to say bout that is...look at RObert Horry. He runs with the crowd who has the gold, and ends up with donkey nuts. Same for Payton.

As long as Fisher and Bryant stays, im good with LA.

Heres the rest of the trades:

http://www.nba.com/transactions/movement2004_index.html

Steve Nash to Phoenix Suns, that is somethin worth watching. this could really help Phoenix get into the playoffs.

Orlano trading McGrady to Houston is like selling your brain on ebay...u get somethin in return but ur screwed anyways.

and Carlos Boozer....pretty much lost respect for the game. promising to stay with Cleveland after a new contract...runs to Utah who offered more money...i kno its jus business, but if u tell a guy ur gonna stay, and then the next day ur on a flight to Utah..kinda sucks hehe.

so what are your thoughts on this? any comments on the trades? and lets keep the player critism on the low bc we're all jus gonna agree to disagree....

Here is what I have heard..

Gary Payton is leaving.

Derek Fisher wants to go to the Portland Trailblazers.

Kobe Bryant might go the Clippers.

Karl Malone is gone.

Rick Fox is staying.

Devin George is staying.

That's about all I have heard.

Good to see someone else here following the NBA free agency!

I think its hilarious what is going on with LAL. Think back to the beginning of last year, when everyone was calling them the new Dream Team. Gotta love how it ended up. Well, as long as you're not from LA :)

I would have expected Bryant to go to the Clippers, but now that Shaq has been traded, LA would be better. Sticking with Odom & Payton would be better for him since Clippers would have to lose Q if they sign Kobe.

As for the other teams, I'm a little sad that my team (Indiana) didn't get the big trade they wanted (McGrady for anyone but O'Neal & Artest). But our trade for Stephen Jackson might end up good for us.

I think the biggest winner so far is Houston. Yao & McGrady is the new Shaq & Kobe :) Well, at least they're the big winner until we find out Kobe's fate.